Problem bleeding master cylinder help

ADAM99

I just changed my master cylinder the car sat with the brake lines exposed for two weeks now everything is installed no leaks and the car won't bleed no matter how many times I try. Wondering if anyone knows why. Can leaving brake lines exposed that long cause air to fill all brake?

I just changed my master cylinder the car sat with the brake lines exposed for two weeks now everything is installed no leaks and the car won't bleed no matter how many times I try. Wondering if anyone knows why. Can leaving brake lines exposed that long cause air to fill all brake?

yes if you leave the brake lines open to the atmosphere air and moisture will get in.
BTW did you prime the master cylinder before installing?

best bet would be to remove the master cylinder and bench bleed it. It may take a while to bleed the complete system, start with a gravity bleed to make sure fluid is getting to all the calipers or cylinders then pressure bleed accordingly. If after that there is no pressure and the car has ABS the seals in the ABS unit may have dryed up and the unit may need to be replaced.

Back