So my contract will Bell is coming to its end, where should I go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweker

Well my 3years of crappy cellphone service is over, I can finaly move to an other compagny. Where do you guys think I should go? I'd like to have a smartphone ( probably a iphone) but I don't want to end up paying 80$ per months for a data plan. whats the cheapest data plan I can get?

Also, since bell want me to stay with em ( they can forget that), they offered me this:

200$ reduction on my next phone, and a for 35$ a month 200min, voice mail, caller ID, 6pm to 8am and weekend unlimited and 250 txt message.

Could I try to deal with roger/fido/telus using this to get a nice plan? ( I'm going for a 2 or 3 years contract)

your 200$ reduction is actually a hardware upgrade tou accumulated in your 3 years of service, so there is no «deal» with this...

but the ona you got offered id pretty good with all you have for the price, i would consider it if I were you. BTW, why was your service crappy?

when my contract expires I'm switching to Rogers. I find they have a larger selection of phones.

By service I meant that the network is crap, I can'T get a call if i'm in my home, I can't get a call when I put my phone out of the window at the 4th story of my school while people with rogers can take call in the ''sous-sol''

Yeah When it comes to "Reception" Bell is by far the *worst* company, Go figure right?

Honestly I can't give you advice on which to go with but I do hear rogers Is incredible in all forms, reception, Customer Service, Phone selection, Price of plans etc...

go with rogers...my plan is exceptional..30$(tax included)/month 250 min ,after 6 free,rogers to rogers free,incoming call free,weekends unlimited,caller id..i got this deal because they were giving shity plan and charging me extra..

i just told them if you cant gimme a better plan i quit..and they didnt want me to leave..so i got this deal.

go with rogers...my plan is exceptional..30$(tax included)/month 250 min ,after 6 free,rogers to rogers free,incoming call free,weekends unlimited,caller id..i got this deal because they were giving shity plan and charging me extra..

i just told them if you cant gimme a better plan i quit..and they didnt want me to leave..so i got this deal.

you pretty much got a rentention plan...

retention plans cannot be given on a new activation.... you must acumulate some history/time before a retention plan can be given

psycobone you fell on santa claus at customer service cause that plan is too generous for any company

retention plans cannot be given on a new activation.... you must acumulate some history/time before a retention plan can be given

psycobone you fell on santa claus at customer service cause that plan is too generous for any company

I misread his post, I though it was bell that offered that plan.

I have a pretty good Fido plan...

200 min
unlimited evening and weekends
encanced VM
call display
2500 txt messages
no system access fee

20$ .month or 22.50 with taxes...

but I think its a retention plan

folks, whatever you do, DON'T sign any new contracts until next year.

Bell/Telus/Rogers are currently moving in aggressively to lock people into 2-3 year contracts because they know that a lot of competition is coming in the Canadian Wireless landscape by the end of the year/early 2010

Stall as much as you can until all the new players will have shown up (granted only Videotron in QC) to see how competition lower prices or offers better packages

At least thats what the CRTC intended when they reserved a block of the wireless spectrum exclusively for new entrants

when my contract expires I'm switching to Rogers. I find they have a larger selection of phones.

With both Bell and Telus rolling out HSPA networks starting this fall and over the winter, the handset selection should become pretty similar to what Rogers have.

I would say if your only reason for switching provider is the phone selection, wait 6 months if you can.

your absolutely right..i been with roger 4 years.. and ya this plan is saving hell of $.

With both Bell and Telus rolling out HSPA networks starting this fall and over the winter, the handset selection should become pretty similar to what Rogers have.

I would say if your only reason for switching provider is the phone selection, wait 6 months if you can.
Indeed! :bigup:

I was in the same situation as you and now im with the Iphone 3gs and wow I love it, I can't ask for more.

The Iphone is exactly the phone I wanted. I can go on internet watching MR, MSN, Games, Application, Video, Photo, GPS, Internet, IpodMusic, Weather, YouTube video, Calculator...

And Internet is as fast as home

Its a complete phone.*tu*

me too, my contract is done in 2 weeks im thinking about going somewhere else. Im pretty sure im going to rogers but its like 60$ for a basic plan..i was paying $35 a month with my phone and I have unlimited text, voice mail, caller ID, free from 6pm-7am and 150 mins. But i dont really call people so its cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back