STOLEN 1997 240SX, SOUTH SHORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
lil update regarding the insurance..I made the biggest mistake of my life by not insuring my mods.  I wanted to save some money to try and get rid of my debts, and i never drove very far with that car so i wasnt too worried.  So now even If I wanted to declare my mods, i would risk getting my contracted voided since I didnt mention them earlier.  Chances are the only money I'll get is enough to buy a stock 240sx, which I doubt they'll give me  more due to the rareness factor of the vehicle.  So the only thing Im pushing to get money back for is the sr20, i'll tell them it was a replacement since the K engine broke down, and that an sr20 is in fact a factory 240 engine in other parts of the world...worth a shot i guess, cause im already 4000 dollars in the hole due to parts i cant claim... never again will i make that mistake.. fml

my insurance company told me it was no problem to have an engine swap to the sr20, as long as i didnt do any "major mods" they'll insure it just fine. no extra costs.its always best to be upfront.

i wouldnt declare the SR20. it's an increase in power over the KA and they had to know this. they could void the contract just on that basis.

lil update regarding the insurance..I made the biggest mistake of my life by not insuring my mods.  I wanted to save some money to try and get rid of my debts, and i never drove very far with that car so i wasnt too worried.  So now even If I wanted to declare my mods, i would risk getting my contracted voided since I didnt mention them earlier.  Chances are the only money I'll get is enough to buy a stock 240sx, which I doubt they'll give me  more due to the rareness factor of the vehicle.  So the only thing Im pushing to get money back for is the sr20, i'll tell them it was a replacement since the K engine broke down, and that an sr20 is in fact a factory 240 engine in other parts of the world...worth a shot i guess, cause im already 4000 dollars in the hole due to parts i cant claim... never again will i make that mistake.. fml
Shit man that blows. . .Unfortunately you had to learn the hard way.

if you dont mind me asking, what kind of protection did you have on the car? alarm? steering wheel club?

Didnt the alarm go off?

anything?

holy shit dude i drive all over i'll keep an eye open for you and if i see it i'll run it off the road with my truck and block him what a waist that car is beautiful

if you dont mind me asking, what kind of protection did you have on the car? alarm? steering wheel club?

Didnt the alarm go off?

anything?

i didnt have an actual alarm system since i never got around to buying one. the car was to be stored for winter, and i never used it to go places where it could potentially get stolen (movies, shopping center, montreal..)  i had a club that I used from time to time but not when the car was at home or my gf's...

You've been on this forum since '04 and from the hundreds of threads of people saying they got their civics/integras/corollas/golf/skylines stolen from their driveway with killswitchs and ECU's removed at night in some cases, you were able to go to bed without a single thing to know your car is secured. At least if it was parked in garage I'd say fine, but outside? no club? no alarm? nothing? on a mint, manual, USDM, modded kouki 240sx with sr20det swap?

it doesnt matter if you park in front of your girlfriends house, in front of your house or in street 6 miles away from where you presently stand.

Its all the same. It takes less than a minute to jack a car without any sort of protection to someone whos good at it....... Even if you saw the thief get into your car, you would be too late, he wouldve already been off by the time you got outside......

You honestly gave the thiefs your car on a silver platter bro. I'm sorry to say.

Lesson learned the worst possible way........

Money comes and goes, but this will be a lesson for all your next cars I hope.

Good luck with everything with insurance and I still hope you find the a-holes who stole your car. Noone deserves to get stolen from them something they love and spent a lot of money on.

That sure sucks!!! That S14a was so damn clean! Good Luck getting it back, theres not alot of black s14 out there... I'll keep an eye open for ya

:Sthis sucks real hardi got a quick release steering wheel and 2 kill switches (one for the starter, one for the fuel pump) in my car and im still paranoin', kickin a look from my window every time i can "just in case".alarms are expensive but killswitches are not, everybody should have at least one in their cars, it costs about 2-3$ in material and a big 10-15 min of your time to install it, can saves you thousands of dollars.

You've been on this forum since '04 and from the hundreds of threads of people saying they got their civics/integras/corollas/golf/skylines stolen from their driveway with killswitchs and ECU's removed at night in some cases, you were able to go to bed without a single thing to know your car is secured. At least if it was parked in garage I'd say fine, but outside? no club? no alarm? nothing? on a mint, manual, USDM, modded kouki 240sx with sr20det swap?

it doesnt matter if you park in front of your girlfriends house, in front of your house or in street 6 miles away from where you presently stand.

Its all the same. It takes less than a minute to jack a car without any sort of protection to someone whos good at it....... Even if you saw the thief get into your car, you would be too late, he wouldve already been off by the time you got outside......

You honestly gave the thiefs your car on a silver platter bro. I'm sorry to say.

Good luck with everything with insurance and I still hope you find the a-holes who stole your car. Noone deserves to get stolen from them something they love and spent a lot of money on.
Dude, I hardly think he needs you telling him how "stupid" he is for not having an alarm system on his car. He's very much aware that he should have had one and you know what, maybe he was foolish enough to think people in this world were decent enough to leave his f***in car alone. Enough with the lecture, the guy's car was taken from him.

Yeah man I feel so bad for you, that is a beautiful ride and I hope they catch the fucker. It's why I am going to put the most obnoxious alarm in my car once it is fixed.

holy fuck man no way... seeing that car in person I couldn't stop telling the gf how sick the car was even after you left...

my condolences... i think its appropriate

i'll keep a very watchful eye on the shore for you

[mrquote userid="46552" username="darkestfenix" forum="4" thread="672904" message="7062706" ]

Dude, I hardly think he needs you telling him how "stupid" he is for not having an alarm system on his car. He's very much aware that he should have had one and you know what, maybe he was foolish enough to think people in this world were decent enough to leave his f***in car alone. Enough with the lecture, the guy's car was taken from him.[/mrquote]

No one told you how stupid you were when you hit that cement wall, except for my dad ( OHHH boyyy!) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back