The end for Pontiac

interior of a 99 maxima -

95809111990518-480.jpg

Intrigues is years ahead of it.

Exterior -

3476135_1.jpg

full-1999-Nissan-Maxima_6719_1.jpg

Intrigue again, WAY fucking nicer, MUCH Sleeker. Hell of a lot nicer car overall.

Also jon, You know pontiac was owned by GM... Pontiac was just their pawn brands during the 90's-2000's. They just wanted to sell another product that looked different :p
omg gimme a break. ok you know what, even though almost everyone will tell you a maxima is better looking inside and outside, but since you dont want to agree, lets go onto something else.

A maxima come with manual 5spd with VLSD, intrigue doesn't. The maxima handles better and brakes better out performs the intrigue in all aspects.

maybe the regal GS is a bit faster on straight aways since it has a 3.8 supercharged(lol just 240hp come on) vs an NA 3.0l but none the less, the maxima is still much better in all the other things (brakes, handling, looks, looks)and that 3.8l blown still doesnt even come manual.

So stop telling me you intrigue is better in looks and interior because most people with tell you otherwise.

1990-1996 3.8 L (231 in³) Buick L27 V6, 170 hp (127 kW) and 210 lb·ft (280 N·m)

and lol haha who the hell designs a motor with a 3.8L that only has 170hp please. a stock VQ30 is 190 and thats a .8l difference!

omg gimme a break. ok you know what, even though almost everyone will tell you a maxima is better looking inside and outside, but since you dont want to agree, lets go onto something else.

A maxima come with manual 5spd with VLSD, intrigue doesn't. The maxima handles better and brakes better out performs the intrigue in all aspects.

maybe the regal GS is a bit faster on straight aways since it has a 3.8 supercharged(lol just 240hp come on) vs an NA 3.0l but none the less, the maxima is still much better in all the other things (brakes, handling, looks, looks)and that 3.8l blown still doesnt even come manual.

So stop telling me you intrigue is better in looks and interior because most people with tell you otherwise.

Consumerguide auto :
Maxima : rating is 52%, amongst many cons, FUEL ECONOMY, because yes, it sips twice as much much as the the GM so fuck your extra hp

Intrigue : 57%.

Yes, FY son, because no one agrees with you, at least, nobody who's knowledgeable because well, they review cars for a living amongst other things which gives them credibility.
Seriously, all this GM bashing by people who never owned any of those vehicles. Even the G35 had a rubbish engine, ask Gbus on the forum. You know what ? the truth is Nissan died in 2000, starting in the mid 90's. When the skyline disappeared, Nissan died completely. Even the GTR, still a pinnacle of technology, can't have a proper tranny.

Holy fuck, I thought I hated American cars, but I hate all those Jap fapping fanboys even more. There is NO quality in a japanese car, NONE whatoever. In fact, the only brand I can think of which had aremotely luxurious interior in the 90's was mercedes. BMW was decent but managed to fail eventually. audi was Ok too, but the japs ? give me a break, no better than the americans. And today they too adopted plastics, but worse, recycled bottles which become seats, and so on.

You know what, maybe you find the intrigue doesn't look good, I find that too, and I also find the Nissan looks like shit as well. Ultimately though, The bigger diaplcement and lower power output meant more torque on the 3.8, less strees on the engine so better reliability (the 3.8 was on the list of best engines for ever) and reduced fuel consumption. Japs are not geared properly, make power at the redline, and all burn oil after a while. No american engines do that, so when it comes down to 2 ugly pigs, I'll take the comfy one, and the one that doesn't break on me or leave me filling up daily. It's the complete retardness of american technology which made them simple and reliable, and I don,t care if my engine has VTEC and burns oil and fuel all day, if I can have my 400 000km 3.8 supercharged which gave me 8 litres to a 100km doing Montreal-New brunswick and can take 500hp without breaking with a simple turbo upgrade, all that being comfortable. Once you've owned and lived with one of these cars, you really see that you've been paying too much for everything else you've had.

Pi en plus, la majoriter des voiture japonaises sont des calisse de pourrisseux.
Y'a des Maxima 1999-2004 estie DEJA avec les tours d'ailes arriere,planchers et rockers panel tout pourris degeulasse!! WTF?!?! Qualiter supreme japonaise.... yeah right give me a fuckin break.
Je vais m'acheter un beau Buick Century Custom 1990 pour 500$ A-1 avant un estie de Maxima 2000 tout pourris. J'ai vue souvent des VQ 99-2004 qui brulais de l'huile comme un ivrogne ses steroides avec des gasket de tete sauter aussi.... heille han... mais la vous basher sur un 3.8 litres qui a pas beaucoup de puissance mais qui est fucking BULLETPROOF. Fuck off calisse.

I've hearing about Saturn and Pontiac forever now. Even buick was mnetioned to be ending a few years ago but clearly that idea had been revised. What about mercury? I heard their shit stopped but I still see new model ford clones when I go to the states. Is it dead or not?

all american cars copy eachother, ford/mercury.pontiac/chevy even the cadillac catera is a malibu in disguise

all american cars copy eachother, ford/mercury.pontiac/chevy even the cadillac catera is a malibu in disguise

Yep, Chevy avalanche and cadillac EXT. Aren't the tahoe and escalade similar too?

GM was smart, They changed little things and pawned them off as a different brand :p

... ou 240 hp et 280 de TQ dans le impala ...

lol what impala is that? SS SC maybe...

I'll have to say you have a very shitty taste in cars if you honestly do think the intrigue isn't better looking in and out, The maxima looks like it's from the late 80's for christ sakes. Also - A 99 intrigue will run circles around a 99 maxima handling wise.

J'ai vue souvent des VQ 99-2004 qui brulais de l'huile comme un ivrogne ses steroides avec des gasket de tete sauter aussi.... heille han... mais la vous basher sur un 3.8 litres qui a pas beaucoup de puissance mais qui est fucking BULLETPROOF. Fuck off calisse.

Sanstitre-2.png

Le 3.8 est dans le top 10 des meilleurs moteurs du dernier centenaire.
25 million de 3.8 ont été construit

Sanstitre-2.png

Le 3.8 est dans le top 10 des meilleurs moteurs du dernier centenaire.
25 million de 3.8 ont été construit

le 3.8l chez GM a toujours été intuable.J'ai eu un impala LS 2000 avec le 3.8l serie 2 de 200hp/220 lbs torque et bizzarement il donnais le feeling de marcher plus que ske les chiffres veule en dire.

j'ai l'impression qu'il marchais plus que mon intrepid 3.5 232hp/232lbs torque

1mins 52 sec:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y__qD_8qWsE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y__qD_8qWsE[/ame]

Consumerguide auto :
Maxima : rating is 52%, amongst many cons, FUEL ECONOMY, because yes, it sips twice as much much as the the GM so fuck your extra hp

Intrigue : 57%.

Yes, FY son, because no one agrees with you, at least, nobody who's knowledgeable because well, they review cars for a living amongst other things which gives them credibility.
Seriously, all this GM bashing by people who never owned any of those vehicles. Even the G35 had a rubbish engine, ask Gbus on the forum. You know what ? the truth is Nissan died in 2000, starting in the mid 90's. When the skyline disappeared, Nissan died completely. Even the GTR, still a pinnacle of technology, can't have a proper tranny.

Holy fuck, I thought I hated American cars, but I hate all those Jap fapping fanboys even more. There is NO quality in a japanese car, NONE whatoever. In fact, the only brand I can think of which had aremotely luxurious interior in the 90's was mercedes. BMW was decent but managed to fail eventually. audi was Ok too, but the japs ? give me a break, no better than the americans. And today they too adopted plastics, but worse, recycled bottles which become seats, and so on.

You know what, maybe you find the intrigue doesn't look good, I find that too, and I also find the Nissan looks like shit as well. Ultimately though, The bigger diaplcement and lower power output meant more torque on the 3.8, less strees on the engine so better reliability (the 3.8 was on the list of best engines for ever) and reduced fuel consumption. Japs are not geared properly, make power at the redline, and all burn oil after a while. No american engines do that, so when it comes down to 2 ugly pigs, I'll take the comfy one, and the one that doesn't break on me or leave me filling up daily. It's the complete retardness of american technology which made them simple and reliable, and I don,t care if my engine has VTEC and burns oil and fuel all day, if I can have my 400 000km 3.8 supercharged which gave me 8 litres to a 100km doing Montreal-New brunswick and can take 500hp without breaking with a simple turbo upgrade, all that being comfortable. Once you've owned and lived with one of these cars, you really see that you've been paying too much for everything else you've had.

So much bullshit in your post. I have highlighted all of them. It is ok to express your opinions but don't bullshit people and try to sound like a smart ass. You are the kind of person that doesn't like anything and nothing is good enough for you.

First, you generalize the jap cars too much. Toyota, Nissan or Honda are totally different, unlike most of the american car companies. My family and I have owned/drove many american and jap cars in the 90's, I won't talk about the 3.8 for now but almost any of the jap cars are way better, way more reliable than those sunfires, focus, grand ams, aleros etc. Ever wondered why these american cars lose their values almost twice as much as the japs? Maybe because people realized that it is more money thrown in repair costs. What the hell you mean there's no quality in jap cars? Why is there still 92 camrys, tercel, civics, accord on the roads? How many 92 american cars are still running? Also, Lexus was on the top of the game in the 90's and almost no american cars were comparable to the ES300 or LS400. Maybe a few Cadillacs but that's it. How can you say that there's no quality/luxury in jap cars?

Nissan never died. That's why they are still selling cars, making new models. What happened to GM in the 21st century? Bankruptcy. What happened to Pontiac? Well read the OP's post. Oh and yeah, of course the GTR is a "pinnacle of technology". That's why it has received the following awards: (from wikipedia)
* Top Gear Awards 2007 - Supercar of the Year 2007[91]
* Autocar - 2008 Drivers Car Of The Year.[92]
* Automobile Magazine - 2009 Automobile of the Year[93]
* Evo Magazine - Car of the Year 2008[94]
* Edmunds.com - 2009 Edmunds' Inside Line Editors' Most Wanted Awards: Instant Classic[95]
* Motor Trend - 2009 Motor Trend Car of the Year[96]
* 2008 Japan's Most Advanced Technology Award[97]
* Popular Mechanics - Automotive Excellence Awards 2008 (Design)[98]
* Popular Science - Auto Tech Grand Award Winner[99]
* 2009 International Car of the Year[100]
* 2009 World Performance Car[101]

Now, the famous 3.8L engine. Good engine and hard to kill, indeed. But where did you find out that they are more fuel efficient than the VQ? I know the VQ is greedy on gas but don't tell me these american boats are more fuel efficient. Get me some sources and proofs so I will apologize about my statement.

So if I understand your pov, you think everything is just plain ugly and sucks, but you prefer the less suckier one and the more comfortable one. I won't say american cars are not comfortable, because they are, but you gotta do some research or actually experience the "jap" cars you are talking about before making unproven and biased comments.

Now, the famous 3.8L engine. Good engine and hard to kill, indeed. But where did you find out that they are more fuel efficient than the VQ? I know the VQ is greedy on gas but don't tell me these american boats are more fuel efficient.
Read more at http://forums.montrealracing.com/showthread.php?p=7673334&ktrack=kcplink#post7673334

Cette été j'ai fait un thread sur le fait que mon Grand Prix , avec un 3.8 supercharged booster, m'avait donné un consommation total de 7.0L au 100 km, entre Montréal et Mont St-pierre. 750 km sans tanké, et ce, malgré les nombreuse pente dans le coins, avec un coffre rempli de stock de camping et 3 passagé.

http://forums.montrealracing.com/showthread.php?t=721231

C'est certain qu'en ville, c'est une autre histoire.

Good news and i knew this would come.
It says that Saab, saturn and hummer is going to die too. Double nice. I never liked these company.
Saab = copy of subaru but american quality. Some are nice but still not as good to face subaru.
Saturn , piece of sht that shoulnt even be alive. Made Solstice to compete Miata , S2000 & Z4. It can dream. Only old people buy this crap.
Hummer , well ... its a pride to say gas is cheap obviously.

Last edited:
The only thing I will miss from Pontiac was the Trans Am, which was gone a long time ago. So I couldnt care less right now.

Although I would have kept the Pontiac brand, brought the successful young looking Buick models and rebranded them as Pontiac, then ditch the Buick brand all together. That brand is synonymous with old age which probably wont sit well with the new generation of customers which is all about youth and staying young.

Back