To anyone who might want to ship something using UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cezah

Some of you may remember my car was vandalized a little while ago... I've been trying to find body parts that are the same color as my car so I don't have to repaint it.

Picked this up from freeport forwarding just south of the border.
it wasn't too long before I noticed something was wrong with it!!

I can understand that sometimes packages can get damaged, but this, this is freakin unacceptable!

to make a dent like that in a trunk you need a helluvan impact!! That's the kind of care with which UPS treats your goods.

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

now a damage claim isn't something i normally write about, but the way UPS has handled this is just unreal.

I filled out all the paperwork on the internet and like two days later someone showed up to my door to pick up the damaged item. Now this is where the fun starts: the person who came didnt knock, ring the bell anything... they just left a paper in my mailbox:

DSC_0022-1.jpg

the paper didn't say whether i need to go to my local ups store, if the guy who came is going to come back, nothing.

so I called my local service center: they said the guy would be back for pick-up.

so I waited...

1 week later (it's the end of the session in university) I get fed-up and call them back.

now they can't pick it up, I have to call UPS int'. I call UPS' international dept. and talk a while with the person there before they tell me they can't do anything for me, they're going to transfer me to domestic, same thing with domestic, they're going to transfer me to damage dept.. Damage dept can't do anything, they need to transfer me to international (!).

By now I get the feeling they're just trying to get rid of me! got tranfered a total of 5 times! took 1 hour! and they now tell me I need to drive back across the border and bring it back where I picked it up from! FUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!

Are these people for real!?!

WHY DID THEY LEAVE A PAPER SAYING THEY TRIED TO PICK-UP THE ITEM THEN?!?!!!!!!!!

I've had it with UPS, their outrageous brokerage fees and their lack of care for both the packages they carry and the customers they serve. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THAT COMPANY AGAIN.

/rant

Last edited:
hey brew ! i feel your pain,

would be a good idea to post a pic of the damage so maybe someone could do a nice OWNED by UPS pic with photoshop !!

I work at Dicom Express and I can't say that we're much better on average. It's always a risk shipping things through any shipping company, but I'm really sorry to hear about that man. What a waste of a nice trunk.

Send the link to this thread to UPS also it might get things moving

oh and them this thread is gonna be viewed by over a thousand members...

oh and i just did a quick search for ''UPS horror story'' on google and it came out with over 18 million webpage !!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z_i2L-dqN8]YouTube - Another UPS Speed Delivery[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLPxJTn34PM"]YouTube - UPS Man Throws Package[/ame]

Reactions: MTV
that's the few people that have been filmed, and that's just delivering the package!!

Imagine what goes on behind closed doors when nobody is looking...

that's how you end up with damage like what I posted up top.

sa nous est arriver a nous aussi, des packet bien emballer vous aurrier du voir la boite quand on las recu....*td*

UPS c'est dla marde en plus y charge un prix de fou pour le brocage meme si ya meme pas de frais de douane....:squintfin

le plus souvent possible on essais de faire affaire avec USPS (= poste canada) 100% meilleur et bcp moin cher

i could have told you guys...worked in the hub in lachine for 14 months...stopped counting the thrown/crushed/dropped in 5 minutes...ridiculous handling in there

I had nothing but bad experiences with UPS, I always ask people to ship with USPS. I get so stressed when I get a "UPS quantum view" e-mail telling me the item has been shipped with them... I know I'm going to get custom fees, and I know that means I'm gonna have to drive down to clear the items, that's if they don't lose it. (if anyone remembers my Millenia tail light horror story)

anyways, F*CK UPS

I hope the recession brings them down.

Sorry to hear about your story, that's really sad, that's such fcuken their customer around, way to go. I always go with Poste Canada most of time, never had any trouble with them, I delivered an item once that got damaged. I called them and 1 week after I received a check. Lesson learned, I suppose uh.

we always hear stories like this with ups. but I think its only normal since the company deal with so many clients that there is bound to be something.

I personally have dealt with them numerous times and have never had any issues. It sucks to hear that you had problems.

If I were you I would stop dealing with these random customer care people who really just wanna pass the problem on. Ask to speak to a supervisor or someone who is of higher ranking. I would be surprised to hear that a large company like this would do so little to keep their customers. dont give up

personaly, i receive about 10 box by UPS each day, since 7 years, whats about 20 000 box.

On all those, maybe 5 damaged? so, it realy depend on the driver, the area, you have bad person everywhere, so its the same thing on Fedex, puro, and usps.

Its not thier good, they dont care, like most of ppls dont care the goods of other!

Update:

called back their customer service center in St-laurent today and within 15 min, a driver was at my door !!

WTF? Why the hassle UPS? Fkn waste of time!!

personaly, i receive about 10 box by UPS each day, since 7 years, whats about 20 000 box.

On all those, maybe 5 damaged? so, it realy depend on the driver, the area, you have bad person everywhere, so its the same thing on Fedex, puro, and usps.

Its not thier good, they dont care, like most of ppls dont care the goods of other!

what bothered me wasn't really the damage(I understand sh!t happens) as much as the way my claim was handled by them... 1hr on the phone, tranfered 5 times to different depts only to have them tell me I needed to drive the item back to the states where i picked it up!!

all this just to get them to take the damaged item back for evaluation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back