V6 Mustang - Performance car? Huh, no.

Si yavait d'autre driveshaft failure ont en entendrait pas mal parler... crois moi que les proprios de Mustang s'arrangeraient pour que Ford fasse un recall! Cas isolé et surment du à autre chose que la vitesse! Je me rappel que yavait un probleme de transmission dans les dernieres années pis sa la chialer fort sur les forums.

Yea, and it never was fucking fixed too !

The only V6 that comes close is the Perf Pack with 3.73 axle. And there are 2 on the road in Canada, at most.

bullshit.

almost every manual 6spd v6 mustang sold comes with the performance package. 90% of them do. desjardins ford had 2 in stock when I went to test drive one

You mean the 2011 V6 Performance models still on the lot because they can't find a buyer for them?

Right...

Performance mustang = V8. Period. And this thread just shows it - even Ford's response is clear about it.

In a statement to Autoblog, Ford said that the Mustang V6 is "the ultimate in fuel economy and performance," noting that owners looking for more speed should look toward the Mustang GT with its 412-horsepower V8, heavy-duty two-piece drive shaft and variety of rear axle ratio choices. The Mustang GT is speed limited to 145 mph from the factory.
bullshit.

almost every manual 6spd v6 mustang sold comes with the performance package. 90% of them do. desjardins ford had 2 in stock when I went to test drive one

^thats actually not as strong as I would have expected. Most JDM muscles (VG30, 2JZ, RB26) with take over 800whp on stock block (with built internals of course). Im surprised they had to change the whole block instead of just internals.

^thats actually not as strong as I would have expected. Most JDM muscles (VG30, 2JZ, RB26) with take over 800whp on stock block (with built internals of course). Im surprised they had to change the whole block instead of just internals.

Did you see the carnage? When you trow a rod tru the block, you cant just patch it and put new rod/piston :p

You mean the 2011 V6 Performance models still on the lot because they can't find a buyer for them?

1 was sold. the other was available. the sold one was a convertible. both manual 6spd v6 with performance package.

this was back in June.

They had to change the block Because it was BROKE IT asstie... A stock block handles well over 1000whp and the aluminum gen's will take 1200whp and the rare"her teksid 1500whp. This was to demonstrate Stock rotating assembly failure points.

BTW all the RB , 2JZ , VG30 and whatever make great dyno queens but none or not many of those spend days @ the track and on the streets driven hard with there full real tunes ... Its like all those retarded SCP show car civic bolted to Dynapack for show making 600whp @ 12 000rpm after 3 days of spooling NO one CARES !

I sat in the new Mustang when it came out @ Salon D'Auto. The interior is made of this

plastic-toys-beach-bucket-set------yt6035-2-409.jpg

And that alone is a good enough reason for me to never consider one.

Seeing a driveshaft fall off at 135mph/216kmh and having seen the interior, I wouldn't be surprised that the rest of the car is made of this

stock-photo-pile-of-tin-cans-29740678.jpg

Those who are defending the car and saying the guy took the limiter off so he was running for trouble, you guys should have your brains checked. We are not talking 300+km/h here. We are talking a fucking astronomic speeds of 200-220km/h, which I should point out, a 2001 Corolla can reach.

Shitbox gonna shitbox.

contrairement a quesque le monde pense, oui la nouvelle Mustang V6 a 305HP vs les models précedant 05-10 GT V8 300HP, apres quelque test, les GT de ses année la sont plus performante et plus robuste malgré sa manuel 5 vitesse et ses 5HP de moin, une Mustang V6 va tj resté un model de basse

Donc, si je comprends bien, le monde chiale que le driveshaft de la Mustang V6 pète si on dépasse le speed limiter de 112mph ?

Solution : N'ENLEVER PAS LE CRISTIE DE SPEED LIMITER!!!

Si vous l'enlever, assurez-vous de changer le driveshaft dans ce cas.

Si j'ai mal compris le thread, veuillez me le dire, mais sinon, ca ce résume à ca ^^

Donc, si je comprends bien, le monde chiale que le driveshaft de la Mustang V6 pète si on dépasse le speed limiter de 112mph ?

Solution : N'ENLEVER PAS LE CRISTIE DE SPEED LIMITER!!!

Si vous l'enlever, assurez-vous de changer le driveshaft dans ce cas.

Si j'ai mal compris le thread, veuillez me le dire, mais sinon, ca ce résume à ca ^^

Le monde réalise que la Mustang V6 c'est pas un char de performance, mais bien un modèle de base avec un moteur puissant.

Ce que je realise surtout , c est comment 1 seul video de 1 seul CRETAIN qui tien sa acote meme si sa vibre fait demolir la reputation de la vidange simili sport la plus vendu au etats unisse. Lacher la pauvre mustang Vfife deux tite seconde pis essayer dont de voir le big Picture 1 cave , 1 incident isoler sa veut pas dire que toute les vehicule de FORD c est dla marde ... Moi j ai vue un Hyundai Genesis Saisie avec 13 000km au compteur Moteur SAISIE sa veut pas dire qu il von toute essploser avant 14 000km !

Ce que je realise surtout , c est comment 1 seul video de 1 seul CRETAIN qui tien sa acote meme si sa vibre fait demolir la reputation de la vidange simili sport la plus vendu au etats unisse. Lacher la pauvre mustang Vfife deux tite seconde pis essayer dont de voir le big Picture 1 cave , 1 incident isoler sa veut pas dire que toute les vehicule de FORD c est dla marde ... Moi j ai vue un Hyundai Genesis Saisie avec 13 000km au compteur Moteur SAISIE sa veut pas dire qu il von toute essploser avant 14 000km !

Clairement... en plus, la Genesis est loin d'être un modèle de robustesse au niveau des composantes de la transmission.

I sat in the new Mustang when it came out @ Salon D'Auto. The interior is made of this

plastic-toys-beach-bucket-set------yt6035-2-409.jpg

And that alone is a good enough reason for me to never consider one.

Seeing a driveshaft fall off at 135mph/216kmh and having seen the interior, I wouldn't be surprised that the rest of the car is made of this

stock-photo-pile-of-tin-cans-29740678.jpg

Those who are defending the car and saying the guy took the limiter off so he was running for trouble, you guys should have your brains checked. We are not talking 300+km/h here. We are talking a fucking astronomic speeds of 200-220km/h, which I should point out, a 2001 Corolla can reach.

Shitbox gonna shitbox.

no way you can reach 200kmh in a 2001 corolla, the top speed of a 2001 corolla is 175kmh.

On parle d'un incident sur combien de mustang V6 ? j'ai vu une matrix 2011 avec une tête de moteur craqué à 225km ( oui, 225km ). donc toutes les matrix ont des moteur qui sautent avant d'atteindre 1000km ?

Vous êtes pas sérieux là...

I never understood why people buy the shitty model and try to make it faster / act like it was the real deal.

The V6 mustang is for the 50+ y.o. that want the mustang look. Period.
If you want to go fast and mod the car, start with the best you can get, the GT.
it's like modding a DX civic, gotta be fucking retarded. Buy the SI, everything is better and will accept more abuse.

And OP, your POS non-gt hyundai does have weakness too. Stock, the V6 Mustang offers a good power/fun/price ratio, just don't expect it to drive like a GT.

Back