Volkswagen Golf R vs Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR

And why is the 6 better than let say an EVO 3 RS?

-Improved low speed torque from 3000RPM (Like 272lbs/ft vs 227lbs/ft)
-40% better structural rigidity due in part 200 Extra welds
-Less understeer due to a rear active differential (AYC vs mechanical LSD)
-Twin Scroll TD05 HRA 16G Turbo
-A bad ass Double rear wing

And that's just off the top of my head.

Here you go guys. Evolutionm.net tested the VI (TM edition), the IX and X.
http://features.evolutionm.net/article.php?id=115

CP9A Evolution VI GSR Tommi Makinen Edition
Curb weight. Front, rear distribution: 3041 pounds. 60% front, 40% rear
Corner weights: FL-895 FR-944 RL-614 RR-588
HP: 276@6500rpm (Stock rating, actual power is likely closer to 300 HP.)
TQ: 275@4650rpm (No dyno data for this vehicle)
Upgrades: Stock

Test notes: ¼ tank of fuel. Unable to dyno due to location, but I think this car makes even more than 300. If I had to gamble, I'd put it around 240 on the Dyno Dynamics we often use.

Positives- Early version of AYC helps combat understeer. Featherweight for a turbo AWD car in this day and age.
Negatives- No radio, no comfort, no sissy stuff. This car will be too hardcore for 99% of the population and probably even some Evo enthusiasts.
Overall- The epitome of stock Evo racecar.

CT9A Evolution IX SSL
Curb weight. Front, rear weight distribution: 3352 pounds, 60% front, 40% rear
Corner weights: FL-1026 FR-981 RL-649 RR-696
HP: approx 340@6000rpm (267whp Dyno Dynamics)
TQ: approx 340@4200rpm (266tq Dyno Dynamics)
Upgrades: Dyno4mance tuned Ecuflash.

Test notes: Full tank of fuel less two gallons.

Positives- SSL package moves the car a bit upmarket, best version of the 4G63 inside, nicest looking of all Evos in my opinion.
Negatives- No SAYC on USA models.
Overall- The one you want as a daily driver.

CZ4A Evolution X GSR SSS
Curb weight. Front, rear weight distribution: 3510 pounds, 57% front, 43% rear
Corner weights: FL-1024 FR-989 RL-735 RR-762
HP: approx 385@6200rpm (309whp Dyno Dynamics)
TQ: approx 385@4600rpm (308tq Dyno Dynamics)
Upgrades: Ultimate racing full turbo-back exhaust, upper IC pipe, and Dyno4mance tuned Ecuflash.

Test notes: ¾ tank of fuel. Spare tire out, Recaro child seat in, weighed as driven.

Positives- SAWC safety with SAYC oversteer on demand, good stock audio, stock seats rule, exceptional factory HIDs.
Negatives- Most of the positives above contribute to the scale crushing curb weight, insanely short gearing makes for a buzzy highway commute, notchy transmission.
Overall- Has taken some time to catch on with the CT9A faithful, but absolutely an Evo at heart.

The Golf R isn't a real R

It doesn't have a vR type engine(not to mention its a 4 cyl) and it only comes in four doors. Two major things that the mk4/5 R32s had unique to them.

*no I don't mean 2 doors are unique to the r32 but rather the idea the the r32 was uniquely available only in 2 doors

The 2.0R is fantastic! Outstanding performance, reability and cheap on gas. Yes you don't have the sound and the VR ...

le dude arrete pas de parler de linterieur ..et lexterieur lui ?? entk je prendrais la evo !

et aussi ..c'est moi ou yen a tellement bcp trop de croniqueur auto au etats ??

ils sont 300 000 000 de populations et il y a une moyenne de presque 3 autos par entrée de garage. Alors non.

Back