What is your $20,000 car project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the other project I had in mind was keep my neon, since its already paid for, make myself a wide-body kit and repaint the whole car (probably 2400$ worth of material costs), deep dish rims w/245 series tires, srt-4 swap with forged internals and upgraded turbo's/fuel pump/injectors/etc @ about 350whp and spend whats left over on a proper interior and suspension.

blackyGTI98 said:
Ah ! i was gon say LS1
(4000$) powered Jetta coupe 1990 (1000$)... RWD Mid engined... with lets say 450+ WHP ... dang... i really wonder if someone would have the balls to do it one day ...
With most of the weight in the middle , good car for racing ... im sure id b a Track monster
15 grand to fit the engine and add some NA goodies :D

Ive alrdy started to design it ;)

AND who ever said just in parts to convert a cavy into a rwd and drop an ls1 in there would cost over 100,000$ in PARTS is im sorry to say dumb, you go to the scrapyard and get 4-5 cars...its cheaper and you get all the parts you need, and as they break you buy new ones ;)

Jacques79 said:
I'd get a 1999 2.5RS with a lot of miles for 10 000$ then drop the VER 7 STI engine that revs to freaking 8200RPMs!
Now your talking!!
Something like this me too :bigup:

1995 Dodge Neon Sports Coupe- 2500$

SRT-4 Motor+ Wiring- 3000$
Fuel cell and pump- 500$
Roll cage- 2000$
OMP Race Seats + Harness 2000$
SRT-4 Brakes 700$
Mopar Coilovers- 2000$
Sway Bars- 500$
Bushings- 150$
R Compounds and 16" Rims- 1500$

Misc crap- 4k

Why because its a good platform

Gregster said:
You can build a track accent for even less Ive priced it out already

i rather buy the very first, athentique and legendary TrackAccent for more cash, btw it was driven by you, theres no price on that :p :D

tHEhAted said:
i rather buy the very first, athentique and legendary TrackAccent for more cash, btw it was driven by you, theres no price on that :p :D

My trackaccent isnt forsale unfortunatly

Im a living legend:bigup:

I buy a 92 Civic Hathback CX.

Strip the car enterilly,remove the engine and everything.
Clean it all of goo with engine cleaner.

I buy a h22 with LSD tranny.
Open up block install sleeves,low comp pistons,forged steell rod. 8:0:1 comp...

Buy a quality Turbo kit and boost 25lb on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back