Legacy Member
I am going to VA in a few weeks to pick up a rather large part(s) for the Neon

Choice 1- 2008 Caravan
2008_dodge_caravan.jpg

Choice 2- Craplander... I mean Uplander
05-uplander-1.jpg

Choice 3- Mazda 5
mazda_5_hev_report.jpg

First two vans are the staple choice of the rental industry. Personally I am leaning for the Caravan.

Help me make my choice MR.

Don't say a Yaris or other compact. I need the space of a Minivan

a Yaris :D

The Caravan is what most companies have. Good way to try out the new model also. But get it fast cuz minivans are in high demand for rental companies and make sure u can get it across the border with unlimited milleage. I've just rented a car to go in the states and only Alamo gave me unlimited milleage with access to the states.

a Yaris :D

The Caravan is what most companies have. Good way to try out the new model also. But get it fast cuz minivans are in high demand for rental companies and make sure u can get it across the border with unlimited milleage. I've just rented a car to go in the states and only Alamo gave me unlimited milleage with access to the states.

Cost is irrelevant. I have major contacts with 2 companies. 150$ for 4 days unlimited mileage :) including US insurance

Meh, take choice 1. I hated the Mazda 5 and the interior is soooo cheap and alien looking like

Don't they have Explorers or something else big you could rent?

Meh, take choice 1. I hated the Mazda 5 and the interior is soooo cheap and alien looking like

Don't they have Explorers or something else big you could rent?

Explorer doesn't have the cargo room of the Minivan and it would cost me 400$ in gas.

are u serious??? That's not cheap, that's a gift.

Can you gove me details by pm plz, i might need to rent again in a few months and for longer.

I rest my case then, Caravan.
I'd also be interested for a rental at that price, too bad they don't rent to me :run:

Dodge Caravan 2WD
6 cyl, 3.8 L, Automatic 6-spd, Regular 16 23
Dodge Caravan 2WD
6 cyl, 4 L, Automatic 6-spd, Regular 16 23
Dodge Caravan 2WD
6 cyl, 3.3 L, Automatic 4-spd, Regular 17 24

Mazda 5
4 cyl, 2.3 L, Automatic (S5), Regular 21 27

and the lander.. (only because you put it up in your choices)
Chevrolet Uplander FWD
6 cyl, 3.9 L, Automatic 4-spd, Regular 16 23

All in MPG. And I don't know which Caravan they have for rental so I listed them all.

I voted for the mazda because I like the style. I saw one the other day at my job, in front of the building there is a speed bump and the 5 almost rub it. Its really low. So it should be fun to drive.

I personaly dont like the caravan style.

What is the uplander engine? edit I didnt ask that question forget it

I voted for the mazda because I like the style. I saw one the other day at my job, in front of the building there is a speed bump and the 5 almost rub it. Its really low. So it should be fun to drive.

I personaly dont like the caravan style.

What is the uplander engine? edit I didnt ask that question forget it

3900 V6. Not bad but it's not comfortable however good on gas.

3900 V6. Not bad but it's not comfortable however good on gas.

the 3400 in my mom montana is really good on gas.

However whe got the super GM problemo! Fcked head gasket. It was still under warranty.

Does the 3900 have the same problems?

However whe got the super GM problemo! Fcked head gasket. It was still under warranty.

No idea about the 3900..

I know that the 3400 is a POS. Changing head gaskets or intake manifold gaskets on those is weekly for me these days.

well if your going to get parts for your Neon, a Mopar should therefore be the only choice.........:D

Hope your luckier than me last summer, I reserved a minivan from my contact and ended up with the "upgrade" .....a damn Pacifica which I absolutely hated!
not only was it a gas pig, but had absolutely no interior space!!

(oh and btw, I'd much rather change a head gasket , than replace a tranny lol ;0))

I say Mazda 5..I really like it..I had to to drive to New Brunswick and it was awesome..I had the sport one with manual tranny I was amazed how well it handled and there is a lot of room especially if you put the seats down..I was able to stuff all my gear and extra stuff in there with out a problem..

the head gasket is fuked cause the leaking intake gasket was missed and it over heated. as a mechanic i check the intakes on those motors everytime i see one.

i'd go with the caravan even if it does look like ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back