What to buy, TSX or Rx-8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Je t'avoue que c'est un peu le dilemme que j'ai en ce moment, est-ce que je m'achete une voiture sport pis je dois possiblement changer dans 3-4 ans pour m'acheter une voiture plus 'familiale' 4 portes......ou je m'achete tout de suite une voiture comme une TSX qui me permet d'avoir une certaine performance, un beau look et la possibilité dans quelques années d'accueillir un siège de bébé comme tu dis...C'est pas facile.

Pour moi le kid c'est très rapporché. Si tu planifie pour dans 3-4 ans achète ta voiture sport et profites-en le temps que tu peux. Tu pourra toujours faire le move vers une berline plus tard... le temps ça passe, ça ne s'achète pas et tu ne peux pas revenir en arrière. Vis ton trip quand ça passe.

Pour les frais supplémentaire d'essence d'un RX-8... ça vient avec, compte pas ça à moins que ton budget soit très serré.

I've had a 2005 and now a 2004 RX-8. If you got the recall done, the car is fine.
The good:
- Practical 4-dr (for a sports coupe)
- Great handling
- Decent power/fun to drive
- Relatively cheaper than an s2000, 350z and G35
Bad:
- Gas guzzler
- Burns oil (not too bad though)
- You NEED traction control for the slightest bit of snow

I've had a 2005 and now a 2004 RX-8. If you got the recall done, the car is fine.
The good:
- Great handling
Bad:
- Gas guzzler

Let's say I buy from an independant dealer, anybody knows how to make sure the recalls have been done?

I'm aware of the gas issue, but it's to be expected from a sports car....

The good:
- Great handling
Bad:
- Gas guzzler

x2

With the RX8 where you thought you bought a1.3L engine, you actually bought a gas chugging V8 with an all out sport body that handles like a beast on the twisties with plenty of fun to fun factor.

And with the TSX, a more practical daily driver yet you still get some performance and the sporty impression with an economical + powerful 2.4L engine.

x2

With the RX8 where you thought you bought a1.3L engine, you actually bought a gas chugging V8 with an all out sport body that handles like a beast on the twisties with plenty of fun to fun factor.

And with the TSX, a more practical daily driver yet you still get some performance and the sporty impression with an economical + powerful 2.4L engine.

And so you'd say......RX8 or TSX?

Je t'avoue que c'est un peu le dilemme que j'ai en ce moment, est-ce que je m'achete une voiture sport pis je dois possiblement changer dans 3-4 ans pour m'acheter une voiture plus 'familiale' 4 portes......ou je m'achete tout de suite une voiture comme une TSX qui me permet d'avoir une certaine performance, un beau look et la possibilité dans quelques années d'accueillir un siège de bébé comme tu dis...C'est pas facile.

Je pensais un peu comme toi il y a quelques années (2004), je venais de me faire voler ma voiture sport, et je me disais, pour le futur, je serais mieux d'avoir une familliale 4 portes. J'avais donc arreter mon choix entre Mazda RX8 et la Mazda6. J'ai donc été m'acheter une Mazda 6 V6, et je me disais:

Beau look, certaine performance, et possibilite du siege etc... La gaffeeeeee :(

Apres 2 ans j'étais plus capable, meme si tu as un petit coté sportif avec la voiture, elles sont tres loin de te donner le feeling qu'une vraie voiture sport va te procurer. Au début, oui peut-être que tu vas être satisfait, mais cela s'estompe vite à mon avis.

Je l'ai donc vendue, pour m'acheter une voiture sport, que je remise l'hiver, et je me suis acheter une autre petite auto 4 portes pour l'hiver! Et si le siege de bébé se pointe le bout du nez, bien 6-8 mois par année, je prendrais le temps de le placer, meme si c'est plus dificile, car le plaisir que mon auto sport me procure, bien je veux le garder!

Et si tu veux une voiture sport...Mazda RX8, trop de probleme comme plusieurs ont dit!

My 2 cents

if your gonna go with a used rx8 know they arent cheap to run and maintain

might as well go with the e46

I actually drove the TSX right before getting my first RX-8. There's no comparison with regards to performance and look. You should really check out both cars at the dealership, then you'll know what you want.

I actually drove the TSX right before getting my first RX-8. There's no comparison with regards to performance and look. You should really check out both cars at the dealership, then you'll know what you want.

Yeah I'll try to go and try both cars this weekend, I'll have a better idea then

Oil being burnt in the RX8 is common. People freak out thinking its bad but it's part of the rotary combustion process. Oil is injected in the CC chamber to cool it.

Puis la consomation d'essence est exactement pareil à celle d'une sti de la même année !!

That's a pretty tough decision! I would personally go for the TSX

1) Much more spacious
2) Very classic look and plenty of potential if you plan on modding it
3) Better gas/oil consumption
4) Good buy-back value (i think)
5) Apparently more reliable

id go with a TSX, nicer, more reliable, and if you plan to start doing thing to it, well. its going to be nicer and keep some value! the rx8 are nice cars but havent heard good things about them in general, and after a while i find the look like a little toy car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back