$1M dollar fine for speeding in Switzerland...

VWSpeed

934c428f40e3419580d8739be921ded5.jpg

Swiss police impounded a new Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG after its Swedish owner was caught travelling at 290km/h in a 120km/h zone near Fribourg, en route from Bern to Lausanne, on Friday afternoon.

The 170km/h discrepancy is expected to balloon to a $1m (R7m) fine, which is about three times the value of the impounded SLS AMG.

In fact, the car was confiscated by police as security for the expected fine.

The speeding fine's severity is due to the Swiss federal government’s system of calculating traffic offenses on a sliding scale, directly related to the personal income of those involved.

Simply put - the more you earn, the more they take.

Swiss authorities have admitted the 37-year-old SLS AMG owner is set to become the first non-Swiss national to be prosecuted under the income-based traffic fine system.

http://www.wheels24.co.za/News/General_News/SLS-owner-nets-1m-speeding-fine-20100810

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/sls-amg-owner-gets-1-million-speeding-ticket-in-switzerland-23323.html

1,000,000 $ en contravention lol yeah right. Oui oui, le chèque est dans la poste, vous pouvez garder la voiture.

lol @ tout les morons qui disent que notre province c'est d'la marde pis qu'on s'fait coller des montants ridicules sur les infractions de vitesse. c'pas plus vert dans l'jardin de l'autre. *byewhore*

wait... ils disent clairement que c'est par rapport a son salaire. So le dude dois faire pas loin de 20 millions ++ par année j'imagine

The article states that the fine is in consequence to his earnings... who knows, maybe 1 million is proportionally like 2-3k for us.

wait... ils disent clairement que c'est par rapport a son salaire. So le dude dois faire pas loin de 20 millions ++ par année j'imagine

his lawyer is probably already on the case !!!

im sure he wont pay more then 10 000$

C'est probablement pas le ratio utilisé. Imagine, tu gagnes 20,000 par année et ta contravention te coûte 1,000 $. Ça fait un méchant trou dans ton budget. Tu prends un gars comme Guy Laliberté qui est plein aux as. 1,000,000 pour lui c'est encore beaucoup trop d'argent pour un ticket.

I have an issue with this story. How did they come up with a 1M$ fine if he is not a Swiss national? I mean, did they subpoena his Swedish tax records? Did he give that info to them? (I doubt it ...)

Its like going to the states, getting a massive fine based on your QC revenues ; how did they get access to that information? Only thing I can think of is that there is some kind of tax treaty between these two nations that would allow that.

Some info is missing here.

M.

Last edited:
Okay tayeulle c'est du n'importe quoi ... 1 million pcq y va trop vite.. (okay j'veux bin croire qui allait à 290kmh.. mais 1 million!!!!)

À ce prix la j'maurais JAMAIS arreté.. Anyways, tu penses tu que quelqu"un va te rattraper?

GEV a 618$ lol c pas de la petite biere , ces de la miette de miette

C'est pas les montants que j'ai dla misère avec les gev, c'est les points et le fait que les procureurs refusent toute négo sur un gev.

On peut même plus dire: Gotta pay to play *td*

Si je décide de faire de la vitesse je vais m'attendre a pogner des tickets et je viendrai pas sur MR pour chialer apres ca. Jvais les payer et fermer ma gueulle. Mais quand t'est pas loin de perdre ton permis avec un seul ticket pour du maigre 160km/h sur une belle autoroutes avec un bon vehicule...wow et c'est pas nego, que tu soit riche ou non, you're screwed.

I have an issue with this story. How did they come up with a 1M$ fine if he is not a Swiss national? I mean, did they subpoena his Swedish tax records? Did he give that info to them? (I doubt it ...)

Its like going to the states, getting a massive fine based on your QC revenues ; how did they get access to that information? Only thing I can think of is that there is some kind of tax treaty between these two nations that would allow that.

Some info is missing here.

M.

C'est pour ca que des paradis fiscaux existent,car il ya différentes ententes entre différentes places et certains ne collaborent totalement pas en plus d'avoir un faible taux d'imposition et ainsi de suite.

Back