Impreza

On a 55L tank:

Worst: 325 Km so ~17L/100KM. That's Denali territory. That's disgusting.
Best: 550 KM so ~11L/100km. Windows up, A/C off, light on the gas and 100% highway.

Average is ~425KM so ~14L/100 KM. @ $1.55 for supreme, that's $22/100KM. I'd rather make it rain.

My lawd... Worse than my 16 year old Jeep...

People would expect that kind of mileage from 300hp mustangs though, so I guess it's (somewhat) normal.

On a 55L tank:

Worst: 325 Km so ~17L/100KM. That's Denali territory. That's disgusting.
Best: 550 KM so ~11L/100km. Windows up, A/C off, light on the gas and 100% highway.

Average is ~425KM so ~14L/100 KM. @ $1.55 for supreme, that's $22/100KM. I'd rather make it rain.

make-it-rain-guys.gif

On second thought, I'll keep my RS engine.....

22$/100KM it would cost me 100$ a week. That's 5200$ a year of gas.

I currently pay around 65$ a week, that's 3400$

^Yea, pretty much.

My STI is a ton of fun, but the bike gives twice the thrill at $6/100 km.

You should spend $5k on a bike and keep the Subaru for Winter/Rainy days. The best combo. No car comes close to a bike.

A small Photo shoot at the Laboratory. This is an eerie place. It's where the first pig was cloned in North America. Those Vessels are my dissembled Bioreactors waiting for assembly and calibration.

2wr268p.jpg

2nvvxbn.jpg

34xhk76.jpg

246984i.jpg

359a5nl.jpg

2mrvc0n.jpg

2u5gisw.jpg

^Can't I just do 91?

I was told 94 only by Andre at swap shop, and i trust his word. If you're ever state side you can run 93 octane (their quality of gas is better anyways) But im not saying the car wont run 91 in it at all, if you push it hard then stay on the safe side with 94, again unless you retune.

If you convert the RON ratings in Japan to Octane, it works out that their levels are 98 - 101 octane. For a performane engine with a JDM stock tune like that, i'd stick with the 94. In the end 94 would be a "low" grade gasoline for it.

Much respect man. If there's one thing I can't stand it's garages not being able to admit they screwed up. Everyone makes mistakes but real men own up when they've fucked up. you've got a beautiful car, put a ton of wrench time into it and it's going to be a monster if/when you drop an STi motor in there.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

With 94 gas and a bunch of pulls, I still got 330km on a tank on 35L. Not that bad.

The brembos are ridiculous, I'm getting a GoPro, I'll post some videos soon.

How To Paint Your Brembos/Calipers

As mentioned,

I decided to go ahead to paint my brembos. I haven't received the Brembo stickers yet, but I went about painting them.

Here is what you need:

-Jack
-Jack Stand
-Wrench
-News Paper/Scrap paper
-Primer
-Masking tape
-Paint (VHT High Temp Paint)
-Clear
-Sand Paper

Here is the product:

Pre-Paint (Notice all the bumps and scratches)

scaled.php

Prepare area or remove caliper

scaled.php

Use Sand paper to sand down Brembo try to sand down all the notches, Some people Suggested you only sand down lightly, but that depends what condition your brembos are in, I should of sanded mine more.

Paint with 3 coats of Primer

Wait 10 minutes between each coat

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Start painting as evenly as possible with your chosen color paint. Don't let it streak

Apply 2 heavy coats and 1 light. Leave 15 minutes between to make sure everything is dry.

scaled.php

Then Apply 3-4 coats of Clear. Be generous but don't let it streak.

scaled.php

-

Back