Impreza

Oh and also did you install the tstat the right way? I know it sounds stupid but in my ex-car it was fitting either way into the housing of the ej252... lol

CAA towing because you couldn't bleed the air out of the cooling system?

Things to do:

1) Sell car
2) Collect stamps

done.

^Hey Android, Yes I did install it the right way, I took care to check. Swapshop does do quality work but the life happens. I personally am not sure that it actually is the headgaskets, so before things get worse I sent it back.

Anyways It's under warranty.

This is a must:

105511d1241072845-diy-fix-coolant-air-bubble-heater-not-working-temperature-jumps-loud-boom-lisle-221501.jpg

This is a must:

105511d1241072845-diy-fix-coolant-air-bubble-heater-not-working-temperature-jumps-loud-boom-lisle-221501.jpg

After the swap was done, the OEM radiator gave out somewhere on the rad and it was pissing fluid everywhere.

We replaced it with a brand new jobber radiator during the week. The first time we did it, didnt use anything to bleed the air. Filled the system to the top. Ran the car ~2500rpm till mid-temp for 5-10 minutes. Turned off. Wait to cool down. Refilled and repeated process until no more fluid necessary to add. The rad cracked in the plastic area a few minutes later after taking it for a drive.

Second and third time, we didnt use specifically what you posted, but did use a huge funnel. We kept going on and on, on and on, on and on, almost spent 45 minutes with the funnel. Fluid level would continuously lower in the funnel; and we'd fill it. Than it would start to rise, then slowly go away, and bubbles continuously coming out throughout the process. Temp would remain solid below the mid.

Then finally the fluid remained at level, no more moving up and down, overflow bottle steady at the max line and no leaks anywhere. Close the cap. Go for a few pulls to see if temp goes up. Overflow bottle would fill to top and explode throwing coolant everywhere in engine bay.

Fluid is going through thermostat since lower part of radiator and lower rad hose is hot as soon as it opens while we were doing the burping process using a funnel. We tested the new thermostat in boiling water as well before the install.

Cant find what the issue is anymore and since its under warranty why not get it towed and get it checked? Spent a weekend and over a 100$ in coolant and it's just been a little over a week the swap is done.

Its not the first time weve installed and bled air out a new radiator. Ive done it 3 times and od_man twice in the past. Something else is the issue and considering he payed for the swap and the time and money we spent trying to get a radiator working, I dont see whats wrong with getting the car towed to the shop to see what the problem is at this point.

Last edited:
For an 18 wheeler, maybe^

^^ Yes, and anything else that requires bleeding air out of a cooling system.

Edit: Did you rev the motor a few times to get the water pump to speed up the flow / get MORE air out?
Was the front of the car elevated?
How old is the rad cap?

100$ in coolant ???????

^Thanks man. I hope Andre at swapshop figures it out. I want to drive this car so bad. I also change the sway links.

Edit: Did you rev the motor a few times to get the water pump to speed up the flow / get MORE air out?
How old is the rad cap?

100$ in coolant ???????

~15$+tax a bottle. 2 bottles each time. System had to be emptied 3 times since the swap. and when the fluid would over flow after the pulls, we need new fluid to replace for the burping process.

od_man driveway goes up, so front end was elevated.

We revved the motor a bunch of times. No air would come up, just the fluid level would move up in the funnel.

The rad cap was the one that came with the mishimoto rad (which was actually pissing fluid just at idle) and the one for the upper tank near the turbo was the one from the swap. We even switched around rad caps (we had the spare OEM one as well) but didnt change anything.

How old is the rad cap?

100$ in coolant ???????

I never needed one of those and I bled coolant in all of my cars without any coolant spilling. One of them was a Subaru.

^We really had a huge funnel. But as mentioned previously, the gaskets were blown. The pressure from the exhaust fluids flowing through the rad ended up blowing it. The Second rad went through the same fate and the mishimoto was ticker and built stronger so it held up. That's why the reservoir kept on getting full.

It's unfortunate it's giving you trouble, although nice work on the interior!

I truly wish I had patience for meticulous shit like that...obviously, I don't!

Hey od_man,

I know you're probably enjoying this thing a lot and are more then ecstatic with the power and feel of it but I have to tell you: "I told you so"

I'm pretty much telling you this because I'm mirin :p

Back