Cadillac Commercial says BMW 3 Series is the best!

G-Bus

3 Series is the best in the market, that's all I got from that commercial.

Way to go Caddy! hahahha

bmw 3 series is an open diff rwd car ... far from the worlds best ..
but the cadi loox pretty good

bmw 3 series is an open diff rwd car ... far from the worlds best ..
but the cadi loox pretty good

Give me a fkin break with the LSD. If really it was a MUST, BMW would have put it OEM on all of their cars but it's not. It's nice to have when you track the car every weekend, but in 95% of cases it is not needed. I had an LSD in my G35 and it made absolutely no difference in my day to day driving compared with my 335 including during winter.

Ohh and not because I'm biased because I own one, but the 3 Series is the best car in it's category, and it's been like that for 20 years now...

Give me a fkin break with the LSD. If really it was a MUST, BMW would have put it OEM on all of their cars but it's not. It's nice to have when you track the car every weekend, but in 95% of cases it is not needed. I had an LSD in my G35 and it made absolutely no difference in my day to day driving compared with my 335 including during winter.

Ohh and not because I'm biased because I own one, but the 3 Series is the best car in it's category, and it's been like that for 20 years now...

This man just spoke a few hundred pounds of sense, stop spewing your ounces.

All I got from that ad was that Cadillac ATS is better than the 3 series.

I do not see how you couldve gotten that. Did you even read up about the Cadillac ATS? They tried benchmarking the E46 BMW platform, which is now almost 15 years old.

"In designing the ATS, Cadillac benchmarked the BMW E46 3 Series, which Cadillac chief designer Dave Masch and his team argued is the most dynamic and driver-focused 3 Series." Quoted from MotorTrend.

I'm not dissing GM, but I wouldnt brag about benchmarking BMWs 15 year old platform.

They said they went with the E46 because it was the most dynamic chassis. Stop being mad that the E90 isn't quite as good.

They said they went with the E46 because it was the most dynamic chassis. Stop being mad that the E90 isn't quite as good.

Please quote where I was butt hurt because they chose the E46 over the E90?! My point was that I wouldn't brag about designing my car and trying to benchmark a car that was 15 years old and that has been out performed by two other generations of platforms. An E90 M3 out performs an E46 M3 say what ever you want. I get what he's talking about, maybe he liked the fact that it had less electronics and it was more mechanical (E-Diff in the E90 M3, per example) and I'm not saying it's a bad platform at all.

E46 is the peak of technology\driver marriage. Anything after is less driver more computer.

Not to mention that the 3 series has been on a steady fatty diet, gaining weight with every new generation.

btw, the reason BMW didnt go with LSD's in every car is because of expense, plain and simple. +1 for caddy.

you are talking like an open diff car is a fundamentally wrong and it's terminal cancer. How expensive is it to install a stupid diff?

you are talking like an open diff car is a fundamentally wrong and it's terminal cancer. How expensive is it to install a stupid diff?

Its not so much the expense of an LSD, its the maintenance that it needs to keep it running smoothly, and consequently its a warranty nightmare on an averagely priced car, where they dont make that much money on it to begin with.

Looks like somebody doesn't know how to drive...

looks like somebody should SHUT THE FUCK UP.

si tu penses vraiment qu'un open diff fait pas de différence versus un lsd, tu devrais jamais faire plus que juste aller à l'épicerie avec ta voiture.

un lsd quand tu t'amuses avec l'auto, sa fait tellement une grosse différence !

en plus rwd l'hiver sur open diff, come on, encore une fois si tu trouves sa fait aucune différence tu devrais même pu conduire un rwd.

i saw it for 700$ lol . if we compare that ppl pay 45 000$ for car its mean that 700$ its nothing . so i dont see any problems . i mean , if i want one, i can install one lol !!! we are not in 1950 lol!!

I think the E46 M3 has a better driver/car feeling than the E9x.

So IMO it's a good thing that Cadillac used the E46 as a benchmark. If they did better than the E46 in that department, I can't wait to try the car out.

And give me a break with "best in category", any car can be best in category, it all depends what criterias you look for, weight of each category and contenders. If you prefer brutal torque and acceleration, the C63 will "win", but depending on the weight of each category, M3 will win as well. Seriously, M3 is a great, greta car, but you are clearly a fanboy!

The best news is the F30 is even better than the E90. It is back to the drawing board for all small luxury sports sedan as they chase the F30.

Back