Road Test: New Mustang 5.0 VS M3 by Motor Trend

Imagine what you could do to the old civic with the 30 000$ you have left over.

this comment is useless as you can often take a cheaper car and put money to make it perform. in the end, it's a civic, it's a mustang, it's a bMW.é. depends what you prefer.

I prefer a slower BMW M3 than a mustang than a civic.

even if the civic was faster than the ferrari and costs 100 000$ less, I'd still take the ferrari.

everytime MR compares two different cars, peopel start with the "you can put money and make it faster" argument.

in the end, most owners will put general tire son them and their cars will perform like crap. but they will still brag that a magazine had 0.01sec faster lap times with their car compared to another more expensive one.

I completely agree with you this is why I am not yet ready to judge either of the cars. If the Mustang still has that annoying plastic that ratlles everytime the car shakes and it feels like it's going to fall apart anytime than it takes a way from the fun of driving it. Dont forget these cars were tested on a track I wonder which would win if they were tested on Montreal roads which one would be more fun to drive.

How many BMW's have you owned? I see you have a Mustang and im sure you take car of it very well, but dont judge a car without at least comparing them properly.

M@NU: "are you saying a mustang isint reliable ?"

No but I would like to see how many repairs and what was repaired in both of these cars 5 years from now. None of us can judge either of these cars reliability yet and to be honest if any of us were to buy either of these cars we would want to know that 5-6 years from now they would still run and look like the day we just bought it. (Especially the bm since it is double the price). Yes I know BMW has also had reliability issues with some of there cars but so has Ford. I always judge the reliability form what was changed and after how long. At the same time since the mustang does cost half the price if lets say the car after 5 years only has a couple problems more or less than the BMW than sure the mustang is more reliable but lets say you had to change the trann, the suspension, there's some rust on the car than you cant say its more reliable. We'll know more in a couple of years but for the price it is the best bang for the buck and I probably would buy one over the M3 but we cant say its better until a few years from now.

i had 2 bmw e46 before the mustang , also have friends working for park avenue bwm i know what i am talking about and i never said that bmw are not good car but they are not reliable as a mustang is, and i am talking about a mustang not at all the ford cars.

i've only driven the older model GT convertible and it was really, really bad in terms of finish and refinement.

but i'm sure the new one is leaps forwards from there and is very good. still, it's no bmw, nor porsche, nor lambo... even if it's faster than some.

i had 2 bmw e46 before the mustang , also have friends working for park avenue bwm i know what i am talking about and i never said that bmw are not good car but they are not reliable as a mustang is, and i am talking about a mustang not at all the ford cars.

What are u basing your comment on? You did compare the mustang to whole BMW lineup, so how is the Mustang so much more reliable than the M3? What year mustang and what year M3 cause you obviously cant compare the 2011 THEY'RE BRAND NEW.

I completely agree with you this is why I am not yet ready to judge either of the cars. If the Mustang still has that annoying plastic that ratlles everytime the car shakes and it feels like it's going to fall apart anytime than it takes a way from the fun of driving it. Dont forget these cars were tested on a track I wonder which would win if they were tested on Montreal roads which one would be more fun to drive.

spas une mustang 90 loll jpense que tlm comprend que taimes pas les mustang mais arrete dinventer dla bullshit comme tu le dit dans ta derniere phrase tu la jamais essayer

impressionnant
evidemment que celui qui veut vraiment une M3 ira pas acheter une Mustang
mais ce video montre a quel point Ford ont mit des efforts pour améliorer un produit deja excellent

malheureusement, l'image de la vieille Mustang pas capable de tourner un coin de rue risque de rester tres longtemps

les Américains sont en train de donner une sacrée volée aux autres continents avec des leaf springs sur des chars de 150 000$ capable de ramasser n'importe quel supercar sur un circuit, des moteurs a pushrod plus performants que n'importe qui d'autres et des solid rear axles qui ridiculise les suspensions indépendantes

j'aime cette mentalité, performance a bas prix et a faible cout d'entretiens

What are u basing your comment on? You did compare the mustang to whole BMW lineup, so how is the Mustang so much more reliable than the M3? What year mustang and what year M3 cause you obviously cant compare the 2011 THEY'RE BRAND NEW.

because the mustang is not loaded with thousand of electronic gadget, bushing, suspension parts , complicated engine design ,thing that is tended to broke like bwm have.

the mustand is not a sophisticated car so its the reason why the car is reliable 4 wheel ,a steering, a shifter , 4 wheel brake , a solid axle and a lot of fun, sound and smoke.

Fuck the Mustang. Its a cheap piece of shit in my opinion. No I'm not questioning the reliability of the vehicle as I'm sure it will probably have less mechanical problems than a BMW in the long run. I'm questioning the fit and finish.

No, the new one's are not better than they used to be. They never have been and they never will be. In five years the Ford will drive like a piece of shit with rattling doors, rattling dash and cheap plastic shitty parts in the interior that fall apart. The BMW will be the same as the day it was driven off the lot. This is quality. The # of repairs to me is called reliability. Its not limited to Ford either. All American cars share the same problem.

Saturn was supposed to be the Japanese killer. It wasn't They were piece of shit vehicles like the rest of the GM lineup.

Chrysler LH sedans were supposed to be new and improved quality. They wern't. They became cheap pieces of shit like the rest of the Chrysler line. I watched my dad's Intrepid fall apart over the years.

The Ford GT was supposed to be a supercar to compete with the rest of them. Ask Jeremy Clakson what he thinks of the GT.

Is the Corvette is supposed to be a supercar like the rest of them with a Cavalier steering wheel? A five year old Vette may as well go in the garbage along with its resale value.

American cars have always been and will always be sub par in quality and fit & finish. No amount of time, money or technology has been able to fix this problem and I have no idea why. I wish it weren't so. I wish I could spend my hard earned money on North American products but I just can't burn my money up like that. There is no shortage of cool American cars, fast Amercian cars or reliable Amercian cars, but quality American cars simply do not exist.

Fuck the Mustang. Its a cheap piece of shit in my opinion. No I'm not questioning the reliability of the vehicle as I'm sure it will probably have less mechanical problems than a BMW in the long run. I'm questioning the fit and finish.

No, the new one's are not better than they used to be. They never have been and they never will be. In five years the Ford will drive like a piece of shit with rattling doors, rattling dash and cheap plastic shitty parts in the interior that fall apart. The BMW will be the same as the day it was driven off the lot. This is quality. The # of repairs to me is called reliability. Its not limited to Ford either. All American cars share the same problem.

Saturn was supposed to be the Japanese killer. It wasn't They were piece of shit vehicles like the rest of the GM lineup.

Chrysler LH sedans were supposed to be new and improved quality. They wern't. They became cheap pieces of shit like the rest of the Chrysler line. I watched my dad's Intrepid fall apart over the years.

The Ford GT was supposed to be a supercar to compete with the rest of them. Ask Jeremy Clakson what he thinks of the GT.

Is the Corvette is supposed to be a supercar like the rest of them with a Cavalier steering wheel? A five year old Vette may as well go in the garbage along with its resale value.

American cars have always been and will always be sub par in quality and fit & finish. No amount of time, money or technology has been able to fix this problem and I have no idea why. I wish it weren't so. I wish I could spend my hard earned money on North American products but I just can't burn my money up like that. There is no shortage of cool American cars, fast Amercian cars or reliable Amercian cars, but quality American cars simply do not exist.

this

spas une mustang 90 loll jpense que tlm comprend que taimes pas les mustang mais arrete dinventer dla bullshit comme tu le dit dans ta derniere phrase tu la jamais essayer

Non j'ai rien contre les mustangs.
Did I not say Ford was on there way back to dominating the market again?! Didnt I say Im not judging these cars yet? C'est ou que j'ai inventer de la bullshit? ou?

mrspider "because the mustang is not loaded with thousand of electronic gadget, bushing, suspension parts , complicated engine design ,thing that is tended to broke like bwm have"

I agree with that, electronics do tend to break more often. And yes more suspension parts means more parts to break in the long run. We'll see if its the case with this M3.

Just like the MotorTrend Video said all the fan boys are going to come out so everybody is going to say that their mustang is as good as an M3.

Yes it is on the track, but comparing 2 cars based on track results is only half the story because we dont live on tracks.

qft

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnUPS3sLXhQ"]YouTube- Top Gear Jeremy's Ford GT[/ame]

lol I ask Jeremy and he is the owner of 2 ford GT.

Bravo Ford.

Too bad this changes nothing but fuel the fan boys of both brands.

Anyone with 80,000$ in hand wont shop for a Mustang GT as performance isn't their sole criteria. Those that do, represent 0.05% of the buying pool.

Anyone with 50,000$ won't shop for a M3 because they can't afford one.

Useless, but fun comparo.

moi je dit pas que ma mustang 2002 est meilleur que une m3 2002 coté handling et performance .mais je sais que elle est fiable a l'os :) pour les 2 2011 l'avenir va nous le dire

un autre qui connais rien au char et qui roule avec une can de pepsi recyclé

T'as le temps d'ecouter l interieur rattler toi dans une stang? Moi j entends juste le v8..

tout le monde sait quon achete un mustang pour tout c'est equippement de serie, l'interieur luxueux pis ca finition incroyable ....

Back