Boyfriend advice from guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of little boys over on your side, thats all i'm saying.
wearing pink shirts and faux hawks and working out to push a pencil or keyboard all day, driving powerful cars that you can't even drive like they're supposed to be with prissy fasion sense and everyone's gotta be bigger and better and louder and hotter than everyone else..

I'll never join that shit, EVER lol

Find a man that will actually talk to you. like I said, if he can't talk to you about problems and just avoid it, he's not worth talking to.

well, first of all, you shouldnt fight, especially only 6 months in to the relationship..

but if he's giving you the silent treatment, he's just being not only a pain in the ass, but childish. A real man will stand up for what he believes in, what he thinks is right, and will have the common courtesy to treat you with enough respect to discuss a problem, not avoid it.

good luck..

I've seen this a few times in the last couple of days. I've yet to hear the definition of a real man?

Is beating up his wife being a real man? Giving the silent treatment is one of many weapons in the arsenal for psychological warfare against the female. God, just look, it worked so well a GIRL is donating her FIRST post in the off topic RELATIONSHIP section to a 99.9% male import loving forum?

I've seen this a few times in the last couple of days. I've yet to hear the definition of a real man?

Is beating up his wife being a real man? Giving the silent treatment is one of many weapons in the arsenal for psychological warfare against the female. God, just look, it worked so well a GIRL is donating her FIRST post in the off topic RELATIONSHIP section to a 99.9% male import loving forum?

A man is someone that isnt afraid to learn how to cook a meal for his family instead of throwing money at a delivery boy to feed his kids before they go back to being allowed to spend all day and night on the playstation or the computer... for one example.

I'm just pretty much disgusted with most of the guys I see walking around when I was christmas shopping.. everyone's so bloody fake it makes me want to vomit. Out here we drive big trucks and know how to fix them. we know how to hunt, cook, play any sport and can walk around in dirty jeans and work boots because its different out here, no one gives a shit about someone who has a 300$ pair of shoes that they literally cry about if they get scuffed..

I could go on for hours. I'm just saying the difference in mentality there and here is astonishing.

And Phycological Warfare is for your enemies, not your girlfriend. If you're playing mind games, you're a little bitchy girl who has less balls than a rat. Be honest, straight forward, truthful, kind and have respect towards your other and your family and friends.. and then you'll not need to raise any hand in violence

a guy who hits or threatens or yells at his girlfriend is NOT a man.

metrosexualiy3.jpg

300_173485.jpg

ya.

A man is someone that isnt afraid to learn how to cook a meal for his family instead of throwing money at a delivery boy to feed his kids before they go back to being allowed to spend all day and night on the playstation or the computer... for one example.

I'm just pretty much disgusted with most of the guys I see walking around when I was christmas shopping.. everyone's so bloody fake it makes me want to vomit. Out here we drive big trucks and know how to fix them. we know how to hunt, cook, play any sport and can walk around in dirty jeans and work boots because its different out here, no one gives a shit about someone who has a 300$ pair of shoes that they literally cry about if they get scuffed..

I could go on for hours. I'm just saying the difference in mentality there and here is astonishing.

And Phycological Warfare is for your enemies, not your girlfriend. If you're playing mind games, you're a little bitchy girl who has less balls than a rat. Be honest, straight forward, truthful, kind and have respect towards your other and your family and friends.. and then you'll not need to raise any hand in violence

a guy who hits or threatens or yells at his girlfriend is NOT a man.

I agree regarding communication between loved ones, however I completely disagree on your notion of a real man.

Understand this:

Time is money, and money is time.

While you have plenty of time on your hand to do manual labor, I don't, even though I know how to, which is why I hire people to do so. Does it make me any less of a man? I doubt it. I simply decided to devote my time to issues and priorities that I deemed more important than hunting, cooking, playing sports and riding the truck for no real purpose.

"Real man" definition are bogus since they are in no way shape or form universal nor applicable to the society as a whole. Social, economic and geographic situations influence the definition of real man a lot more than what type of boots he's wearing.

true, but the guys who do care about a spec of dirt in their car or how their hair hasnt been cut in 7 days all seem to have lost touch with reality. Ok, looking good is ok, but some will actually sit in front of the mirror for an hour a day to look good. thats not a man, thats a woman. may as well put on some lipstick while you're at it.

I know my argument is more materialistic than anything, but it does have something to do with it. When I have kids, I can teach them how to survive for themselves, how to respect others and keep respect for themselves, and to grow up as self sufficiant, honest human beings.. cause thats how I was raised, and I couldn't even imagine having my kids wanting every new toy out there.. not only wanting, but begging and kicking and screaming in the mall..

true, but the guys who do care about a spec of dirt in their car or how their hair hasnt been cut in 7 days all seem to have lost touch with reality. Ok, looking good is ok, but some will actually sit in front of the mirror for an hour a day to look good. thats not a man, thats a woman. may as well put on some lipstick while you're at it.

I know my argument is more materialistic than anything, but it does have something to do with it. When I have kids, I can teach them how to survive for themselves, how to respect others and keep respect for themselves, and to grow up as self sufficiant, honest human beings.. cause thats how I was raised, and I couldn't even imagine having my kids wanting every new toy out there.. not only wanting, but begging and kicking and screaming in the mall..

I agree on the materialistic/superficiality aspect of your post, but still, the rest is dependant on social and economical contexts.

I'll give you an example:

Daddy 1 makes $15,000,000 a year, gives a $70,000 M3 to his son.
Daddy 2 makes $65,000 a year, gives a $5,000 used Sunfire to his son.

I see no difference, a gift is a gift. While the value differs, the proportions don't and the absolute value of the gift is the same, 1 = 1.

It's a matter of finding the right balance, always is, always will be.

MEN GO TO THEIR CAVES AND WOMEN TALK

"One of the biggest differences between men and women is how they cope with stress. Men become increasing focused and withdrawn while women become increasingly overwhelmed and emotionally involved. He feels better by solving problems while she feels better by talking about problems."

Mr_S... you couldn't come up with something more original? Now every time you'll post something I'll start to freak out wondering why I don't remember posting in the thread like I just did.

And for the actual thread, I had a girlfriend that did the exact same thing, every time I was trying to argue with her she'd go silent. I broke up with her after 9 months. Last thing I know is she dropped out from cegep and she's writing incoherent poems with he blood (seriously).

i agree with "he just doesnt want to say anything that will hurt you"

If I'm flip pissed and dont want to talk, then just leave me be, its better that I shut up then start yelling like a mad man,

Oh, and one more thing, If he decides that its better to shut up and does the polite by leaving the room to calm down,
Do him a favor and dont follow him just to yell some more,

some women wont stop till theyre sure that they get their point across

Les filles pense qu'elles ont TOUJOURS raison, ca donne quois de s'ostiner avec ? t'as juste a dire " t'as raison" pis de penser et surtout de faire exactement le contraire.

MEN GO TO THEIR CAVES AND WOMEN TALK

"One of the biggest differences between men and women is how they cope with stress. Men become increasing focused and withdrawn while women become increasingly overwhelmed and emotionally involved. He feels better by solving problems while she feels better by talking about problems."

From the book ''Men are from mars, women from venus'' I'm guessing?

This is the ultimate book to read about relationships. It has won countless awards since its creation. I've read it and I ****in recommand anyone who wants to know how the opposite sex works to read that book. It even helped uderstanding me, my behavior. When you'll read that book, you WILL recognize yourself and your partner.

its all dependant on you!!!!
what do YOU do? do you yell, scream?

another solution is just leave this page open on his computer, he'll understand, and he'll understand that you DO care for him and that you are trying to solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back