Impreza

Hey od_man,

I know you're probably enjoying this thing a lot and are more then ecstatic with the power and feel of it but I have to tell you: "I told you so"

I'm pretty much telling you this because I'm mirin :p

Yes you did. I'm hoping it's reliable, for the sake of the shop and myself once it is out. I have been driving my altima and protege for the past few weeks. The altima I'm returning tomorrow, that means I'm stuck driving the protege which the wifey drives.

Swapshop changed the gaskets and machined the heads. The engine is back in, but I'm waiting on my new fans and fan shrouds. So no, I don't have the car yet.

Update,

So a few weeks ago, I notice my front grill had suffered a lot of rock chips due to highway driving and thin paint. I decided to remove it, paint it flat black and then put a coat of clear on:

Before:
scaled.php

After:

scaled.php

scaled.php

Had to remove and clean the roof surface

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

The Wifey helped me.

scaled.php

Afterwards, I removed the roof trim and repainted that with a special plastic paint and cleared it.

Then I went in for a checkup at swapshop, I was hearing a grinding noise from the 4.44 5 speed that was matched to the Ej207 Version 6. They let me know something was wrong with the tranny and that they wanted to fix it or replace it.

Then I talked to the gentleman who works there, Maxime. He pretty much told me that the 4.44 was a loud transmission and that they hadn't heard the grinned until I brought it in this time. To make a long story short,

I decided to go with a 6 Speed Version 7 STi transmission swap. (Not my picture)

02_STi_6_Speed_490d698aab997.jpg

Needles to say, the difference is immense, the gears are much shorter and the car is much much more responsive and scary fast. In terms of Gas economy, well I did 412 km with 38L, which is pretty good for a 1200kg/300hp awd car.

I'm enjoying the steady pull of the six speed and the way it feels for highway driving and everyday driving. There really is little to no lag and the car just feels better. In terms of the noise, well it's immense, the six speed is quieter.

I also notice that the clutch was much much easier to handle on a daily basis. But that's because my other transmission had come with some aftermarket crap.

All in all, I'm enjoying my car. I just bought another set of tires/wheel for winter to fit (BBS STi with Artic Claw Studded tires). I'll take pics when I put them on.

I changed my rear link kits, look how destroyed they were:

scaled.php

End brembo upgrade for the rear:

BremboRearCaliper.jpg

(Not my pic)

^Thanks. I actually ended up buying new trims and clips. They were too damaged to salvage.

Por15 treated undercarriage. Holding up great

img4394aj.jpg

img4393.jpg

^Yeah, I had POR 15 all over myself and my driveway and my clothes. LOL that stuff is porous and incredibly sticky. Then I used Asphalt Rubberized paint. The undercarriage looks brand new.

I got this today:

215/45-17

studded, winter artic claw

img4577bk.jpg

img4576g.jpg

^Yeah, I had POR 15 all over myself and my driveway and my clothes. LOL that stuff is porous and incredibly sticky. Then I used Asphalt Rubberized paint. The undercarriage looks brand new.

I got this today:

215/45-17

studded, winter artic claw

img4577bk.jpg

img4576g.jpg

i smell lots of fun in the snow this winter!!!! haha nice GC!

Yeah Rust Check isn't too bad. I was thinking of using it in certain areas and then undercoating with por15 or something similar.

Back