OFFICIAL- getting into the sport- but too lazy to read all the threads

+1 for AISA (how can people write +1000 without proof of the 999 other people backing this?)

Also you can sign up with BMW Clubs, Porsche Clubs... they also have experienced instructors with you at all times on track.

+1340857103984710 for AISA.

The other 1340857103984709 people called me to tell me to post on their behalf...

+1 for AISA (how can people write +1000 without proof of the 999 other people backing this?).

We've had over 1300 people go through our school with 13 or 14 years of running it.

I have yet to see or hear of someone who hasn't enjoyed themselves. Some of the early graduates return to even offer their experience and do instruction after they've gone off and won multiple championships!

Hi.

I'm looking to do more lapping/performance lessons.

Last year I did the mercedes benz performance class. I'm looking for something more.

I called Icar and they quoted me 1.1k+tx for a full day with a private teacher, driving my own car (c63 amg). Kinda sucks to give away 1.3k with taxes when the teacher will probably get only 300-350$ of it.

Any advices?
1) Send Chief Rock a pm. He has a lot of experiance with tracking the C63 AMG and may be able to guide you.
2) Bring a few liters of extra oil, and maybe some octane booster if needed.(See Karl above)
3) Take it easy...real easy, your car has power. It is a school, not a race and you really have nothing to prove.
Do not be tempted to stay with the race cars after you give them a "lift." You will not have the same grip.

Have Fun ! :D

Dave S

What do you guys think of this as a first lapping car? It seems to have everything I need at a low price.
http://www.vwquebec.ca/forum/mk1-voitures/335251-rabbit-84-swap-1-8t-260-whp.html

ENGINE

Swap 1.8T de passat 1999.5
Fillage refait en entier cette hivers
costum turbo by unix performance (k04S)
injecteur 415cc top green
MAF 3 pouce
chip stage 2+ costum
intake short runner powercoater avec shim pour le fuel rail
intercooler costum
entrée d'air costum
shifter CAE motorsport
dv costum
down pipw costum
cardan costum
support a moteur costum
slim fan
ect...

FREIN

tout les ligne a brake on été refait avec les proportioning valve
conversion G60 au 4 roue
hose en standles
très bon pad
disque cros drill
boushing de la pedale a frein refait
les 4 roue bare assez vite sur lautoroute haha

ROUE

Coilover KW V1
Basset 15x7 -12 / 15x8 -9
nankang ns2 neuf du début de l'été

INTÉRIEUR

banc de audi TT
Dash Costum
rol cage costum bolté et powercoat blanc

AUTRE

la tank a gaz a été changer
la pump a gaz
frame solidifier en avant par un beam
x costum qui relie les tab
boushing en euréthan
baterie dans le Dash
chaufrette en fonction
bbs rm comme pneu de secour
pedalier de mk4

61685637605210200736752436981976145219n.jpg

3211075753605915803641937632062642450n.jpg

306146532786577710368914096102446524n.jpg

434892IMG0623.jpg

IMHO I would pass on this one.
Better to be a fast driver than have a fast car !
Start with a normal street car.Easy and SAFE to learn on! *tu*

Seriously: "environ 260-270 whp a 13 psi (et oui ca fait peur dans une boite a beure) " :D

Bon je me suis acheté un Gti 16v finalement. La piste la plus proche de chez moi c'est Sanair, mais j'ai été voir leur site web et c'est pas clair. En gros ça dit que leur piste est disponible 7/7 pour le lapping, ça se peut tu où c'est moi qui comprend mal? Est-ce qu'il y a une journee par semaine que tous le monde y va comme st-eustache et icar?

What do you guys think of this as a first lapping car? It seems to have everything I need at a low price.
http://www.vwquebec.ca/forum/mk1-voitures/335251-rabbit-84-swap-1-8t-260-whp.html

ENGINE

Swap 1.8T de passat 1999.5
Fillage refait en entier cette hivers
costum turbo by unix performance (k04S)
injecteur 415cc top green
MAF 3 pouce
chip stage 2+ costum
intake short runner powercoater avec shim pour le fuel rail
intercooler costum
entrée d'air costum
shifter CAE motorsport
dv costum
down pipw costum
cardan costum
support a moteur costum
slim fan
ect...

FREIN

tout les ligne a brake on été refait avec les proportioning valve
conversion G60 au 4 roue
hose en standles
très bon pad
disque cros drill
boushing de la pedale a frein refait
les 4 roue bare assez vite sur lautoroute haha

ROUE

Coilover KW V1
Basset 15x7 -12 / 15x8 -9
nankang ns2 neuf du début de l'été

INTÉRIEUR

banc de audi TT
Dash Costum
rol cage costum bolté et powercoat blanc

AUTRE

la tank a gaz a été changer
la pump a gaz
frame solidifier en avant par un beam
x costum qui relie les tab
boushing en euréthan
baterie dans le Dash
chaufrette en fonction
bbs rm comme pneu de secour
pedalier de mk4

61685637605210200736752436981976145219n.jpg

3211075753605915803641937632062642450n.jpg

306146532786577710368914096102446524n.jpg

434892IMG0623.jpg

Premièrement les pneus vont frotter ,y'a peut être pas de problèmes de surchauffe sur la route mais sur circuit ça pourrait être le cas... Je dis Pas que sont setup est pas bien mais plus tu augmente la puissance plus tu augmente les chance de surchauffer...

Ça ferais un très bon kit ,j'ai pour mon dire achete une fois pour longtemps ,avec c'est voitures on apprend bien, pis après ta bin du fun, les swaybar c'est quoi qu'il a?

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk

I'm looking to get back into lapping this year and currently shopping for a car dedicated to this and weekend fun. I was almost 100% set on a specific make and model, but I now have the opportunity to buy 2005 Mustang GT for cheap.

Wondering if anyone has track experience with the 05-09 Mustang GT? Comments on the car, how bad it handles on the track and what can be done to improve it. I checked the different online Mustang forums, but can't find as much info as I'd like.

Thanks for any comments

Bien qu elle soit plus orientée vers le drag, ça peut faire une voiture plaisante à lapper si on est prêt à vivre avrc ses défauts... Et c est principalement sa suspension arrière et son poids.... Ça coûte cher de tires et de gaz... Même à 1$ le litre!

Un des gros défaut de la bagnole ce sont ses appuis têtes.... De la facon qu ils sont conçues.... Amène ton casque pour voit si tu es bien... Et biensûr ses sièges en cuir.

Oh et surtout évite les décapotables...

Wondering if anyone has track experience with the 05-09 Mustang GT? Comments on the car, how bad it handles on the track and what can be done to improve it. I checked the different online Mustang forums, but can't find as much info as I'd like.

Thanks for any comments

Mustangs are as good as anything else. They are a "do anything" cars. There are full of after maket parts to modify them and go as far as you want both money and performance wise. But from stock form, the brakes will be your first issue. Not performance and not handling.

But as Max says, they are heavy and not the most nimble.... but quite fun! I've driven a few and came out with a smile.... OK not the ultimate machine but who cares.... it makes great noise!

My 2 cents...

Mustangs are as good as anything else. They are a "do anything" cars. There are full of after maket parts to modify them and go as far as you want both money and performance wise. But from stock form, the brakes will be your first issue. Not performance and not handling.

But as Max says, they are heavy and not the most nimble.... but quite fun! I've driven a few and came out with a smile.... OK not the ultimate machine but who cares.... it makes great noise!

My 2 cents...

Ask Carl at Perry Performance for pad and brake fluid upgrades. You don't need a BBK. Only the correct pads for the application. Use dedicated pads for the track and bring spare, it eat pads like breakfast...

With the stock (Koni Orange) suspension, it rolls alot but it's fun if you drive smooth. The main problem is mid-corner bumps. It feels like you are momentarily losing control but you are not. The OE setup is understeer prone, I had a hard time drifting with mine, too much grip!

Have a dedicated wheel set for lapping. The stock tire diameter is quite big and expensive and even on 18", it look like 16" diameter wheels. Use a -1 size for lapping duty. The car will be more responsive, the tire cheaper and more choice than the stock OD. You can easily fit up to 10" wide wheels on all 4 corners. 275/35/18 is a good tire size for lapping (but ulgy for anything else). 19" and 20" rims look awesome for daily driving.

The sound is amazing.

The seats are slippy and not bolstered enough. If you find a Mustang without side airbags, change the seats!

The parts are mostly inexpensive either for performance aftermarket or OEM parts. If you track the car, it will eat trough tire and brake pads fast (compared to a Civic).

I sold mine because I had no time to go lapping with it and I hate driving a fast car slow.

Back