Ferrari 348 rock bottom prices

tommyz24

I'm not in the market to drop 40grand on a sports car. But as I was searching around and I came across some 348's. I really think they have hit rock bottom with some really nice ones going for under 40 thousand bucks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-348-91-ferrari-348-manual-50-k-/390821717468?forcerrptr=true&hash=item5afeca25dc&item=390821717468&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

higher mileage for 32 nego.. So a high mileage 28-33 thousand and I really nice one for about 38-42k

If you get lucky and find one that's just had a major service, you could drive it with regular maintenance(hopefully nothing too big breaks) and sell it about 4 years later right before it needs another major 10thousand dollar service for pretty much what you bought it for....hopefully.

Maintenance is super high on these but if everything is sorted well , other than major service I don't see it being that huge of a money pit especially if your handy and can do some work on it yourself.

Go read up on this car on the Ferrari forums, the model that is the biggest trouble maker and money pit. For an extra 10-15k you can get a F355 which is a better buy.

Yeah, you're buying the brand, the logo, the mystique. I found one locally (F355 spyder), but it needs work, for 43k. I'm staying away. Somebody "on the net" estimated the cost per mile on another model (?) as $3+ per mile.

If you do around 5000km(3000 miles) that's around 9000$/year, which is not that crazy.

a back of the napkin calculation on my '02 PT Cruiser (last car I bought new) was $.50 per km (low kms per year, all year driver);
Ferrari -
not a car in the strict sense, but an object of value (Hilfinger owner's winning bid of $28.5 million) that will remain a garage empress while he owns it.
Question - could you build an exact replica (ok, some leeway i.t.o. metallic components, etc.) performance-wise for less? Sure.

If you do around 5000km(3000 miles) that's around 9000$/year, which is not that crazy.

Je suis en train de magasiner une 911 964 pis un moment donné je me suis dit humm une Ferrari...

Après 15 minutes de Google j'ai cancel le le projet et je suis retourne au 964,

C'est vraiment un char a regarder et ne pas conduire. Paquet de trouble et très instable a conduire vite.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

F355 minimum tant qu'à moi!
Je les checkais justement hier sur lespac et aux States.
Tellement sexy comme char!

La 348 est tellement belle par contre :(
surtout en GTB/GTS
ferrari-348-gtb-02.jpg

Ça serait nice d'en prendre une, petit blower ou TT, megasquirt, coil overs et de la refiler au complet :p
À 30 000$ ca semble être un meilleur investissement qu'une Hyundai/Honda de l'année lol

La 348 est tellement belle par contre :(
surtout en GTB/GTS
ferrari-348-gtb-02.jpg

Ça serait nice d'en prendre une, petit blower ou TT, megasquirt, coil overs et de la refiler au complet :p
À 30 000$ ca semble être un meilleur investissement qu'une Hyundai/Honda de l'année lol

Il viennent oem avec des coilover. Jai un client qui en a une pis elle a jamais marcher come du monde.

That 348 has been for sale FOREVER! For so long in fact that I went to see it while in Houston. It looks nicer in the photos.. It's been repainted

A good friend of mine traded in his M3 for a 348 about 6 years ago. After 6 years the car finally runs and drives properly. We had fun sorting out the strange electrical issues! Nothing is super complicated to fix on these cars and for the most part it's rather DIY friendly. I think 348s are a real bargain! You get a Ferrari which makes all the proper sounds, it looks rather good(You can always change the wheels for something off a 360) and it will still turn heads. Just remember there are some parts that are Ferrari specific and $$$$

The good part is that now everyone want's an air cooled Porsche and the same vintage Ferrari's are falling in price because of it. Me would much rather have a 348/355 for cool factor over the over priced air cooled Pcar.

Lol at 348 et investissement

lol? Elle ne peut que prendre de la valeur si tu en prend soin. mieux que d'acheter une ford IMO.

Et je n'ai pas dis ''la 348 EST un investissement'' j'ai dis que ''la 348 est un 30 000$ mieux investi QUE une Hyundai/Honda de l'année''

Sérieux à lire tes postes tu connais absolument tout sur internet, tu as conduis toutes les voitures et tu connais simplement tout. Il n'y a même pas de discussion avec toi.

@Gregster
Any room for boost around the motor? :p

boff 348 = ferrari de coiffeuse, trop petite pas tant belle et ça avance pas. Les testa de ces année la sont sick par contre

quand même à tout ceux qui sont sur le trip porsche air cooled 964/993/930, c'est une autre paire de manche entretenir ces machines la

They aren't bad to maintain. Just like to leak oil :) adjust the valves once a year(Not on 993), oil change, gearbox oil and good to go! Be sure to keep DME relays in the glovebox though. 964s were overlooked because everyone wanted a 993 or Carrera classic. Now everyone is buying anything air cooled causing 964s to shoot up in value. 964 offers almost 993 performance, has the classic carrera look and is more "exclusive" as they didn't build many of them.

Seriously though best bang for the buck is a 996 TT.

Back