BMW M3 E92 ou Ford Mustang GT 5.0 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Je vote pour la M3... mais dans la vrai vie j'irais avec la Mustang le ratio puissance/prix est excellent!

That is a totally true statement.

A customer that has 80k in hands shopping for a brand new sports car will go for the M3 versus buying a Stang '11 and effectively voiding the (may I add shitty) warranty by dumping 40k in mods into it.

If anybody was to do it, there would simply be no logic involved, he would loose 40k on the spot + depreciation on this car.

You will not convince anyone these are truly competitive cars outside of stats. Pricing mainly divides categories, stats do not.

juste pour te dire, pas mal toutes les mods achetées chez Saleen ou Ford Racing te permettent de garder ta garantie... y'a plein de Mustang de 500-600hp encore sous la garantie

A customer that has 80k in hands shopping for a brand new sports car will go for the M3 versus buying a Stang '11 and effectively voiding the (may I add shitty) warranty by dumping 40k in mods into it.

If anybody was to do it, there would simply be no logic involved, he would loose 40k on the spot + depreciation on this car.

You will not convince anyone these are truly competitive cars outside of stats. Pricing mainly divides categories, stats do not.

Erreur. Une personne "riche" ou "en moyens" avec 80k dans ses poches va acheter le char qu'il veut, pas le char qui va dépenser le max de son cash. Il y a en masse de personnes qui vont acheter des mustangs pour le simple plaisir que ca leur apporte, parce que leur papa en avait une, parce qu'ils ont toujours trippé sur les modèles des années 70, parce qu'ils ont toujours fantasmé dans Bullit etc. Une passion ca n'a pas de logique, un intérêt ca n'en a pas toujours non plus. Quand tu achètes un char, c'est toujours le wild factor qui l'emporte pour un amateur.

Ceci étant dit: les riches ne deviennent pas riches a dépenser le max de budget sur leurs achats. Règle de base.

Tes informations sur les garanties de Ford sont également erronées. Tu as en masse d'espace dans la garantie à modifier une mustang, même le dealer t'encourage à le faire.

You know nothing about warranty, ford always had 5/100 on the powertrain vs 4/80 with BMW and ford will close their eyes on many mods.

Try to bring a chipped 335 at BM for some turbo issues and see what they say.

Try to bring a chipped 335 at BM for some turbo issues and see what they say.

Hhahah just try bringing a stock one in first! if your SA gives you the time of day..... well.... give me his number please :D
les riches ne deviennent pas riches a dépenser le max de budget sur leurs achats. Règle de base.

Also note that there are "different kinds of rich"..........(for a lack of better expression)

but what are we talking about here?...... what a "max budget" person would buy? personal preference? :dunno: (because the $:speed ratio seems way off here)

A lot of aftermarket Mustang models from Saleen, Shelby, Steeda or whatever offer a full warranty. And I'm talking about a ready built car, not buying a bunch of parts off eBay and installing them at home.

Oh and speaking of depreciation, that 80k M3 will be worth 50k in 3 years....

sorry man, i lol'ed

You loled because you don't believe it? It has 295 lb-ft compared to 390 for the Mustang......

exact pour un rapport puissance/prix je prendrais la mustang 5.0 2011 sans contredis

mais si tu veux une voiture plus tappe a l'oeil, luxueuse,plus rafinée,mieu assemblée et mieu finie,avec un meilleur comportement routier,mais avec le prix qui va avec c'est sur la BMW M3 est la meilleure quand meme

Last edited:
Erreur. Une personne "riche" ou "en moyens" avec 80k dans ses poches va acheter le char qu'il veut, pas le char qui va dépenser le max de son cash. Il y a en masse de personnes qui vont acheter des mustangs pour le simple plaisir que ca leur apporte, parce que leur papa en avait une, parce qu'ils ont toujours trippé sur les modèles des années 70, parce qu'ils ont toujours fantasmé dans Bullit etc. Une passion ca n'a pas de logique, un intérêt ca n'en a pas toujours non plus. Quand tu achètes un char, c'est toujours le wild factor qui l'emporte pour un amateur.

Ceci étant dit: les riches ne deviennent pas riches a dépenser le max de budget sur leurs achats. Règle de base.

Tes informations sur les garanties de Ford sont également erronées. Tu as en masse d'espace dans la garantie à modifier une mustang, même le dealer t'encourage à le faire.

Listen, I know your own a Mustang and all that, not trying to insult you here.

However, please read again what I stated.

"Somebody with 80k in hands" = 80k budget. For all I know the guy could afford a Ferrari it doesn't matter. If your allowed budget for a car is 80k, the 'Stang won't be on your list.

As far as warranty, most of these are considered aftermarket warranties and not original Ford warranties. Dinan offers the same program for BMWs if you really want to go there.

"Somebody with 80k in hands" = 80k budget. For all I know the guy could afford a Ferrari it doesn't matter. If your allowed budget for a car is 80k, the 'Stang won't be on your list.

As far as warranty, most of these are considered aftermarket warranties and not original Ford warranties. Dinan offers the same program for BMWs if you really want to go there.

I know one person who went from an NSX to a 911 to a stang. He perfered the stang for the bargain performance. This guy did not care for refinement although.

Personally, having 80k i'd go for the M3.

I know one person who went from an NSX to a 911 to a stang. He perfered the stang for the bargain performance. This guy did not care for refinement although.

Personally, having 80k i'd go for the M3.

i also know a racer who has a 911gt3rs and prefers racing his mustang challenge car, its only a little slower but much much cheaper to maintain.

Of all the active posters in this section, you're the one that is the second most defending his choice of car (next to Broody). I don't need your approval over my choice, I don't need to defend my choice, but I don't have to read false statements only to secure your self esteem.

You ask me if I read what you typed, have you read mine? Because it sure doesn't look like it.

A lot of aftermarket Mustang models from Saleen, Shelby, Steeda or whatever offer a full warranty. And I'm talking about a ready built car, not buying a bunch of parts off eBay and installing them at home.

Oh and speaking of depreciation, that 80k M3 will be worth 50k in 3 years....

You loled because you don't believe it? It has 295 lb-ft compared to 390 for the Mustang......

300 lb-ft torque = no torque.
um ok.

no, i lol'ed because of your exageration just in case u didn't catch.

Even if the performances are pretty much the same, you will never get the

prestige of an M3...Ok i drive an M3 but thats not the reason im voting for

it. I mean, ok you have all the power and everything but jesus christ i hate

american interiors...They are getting better and better but it's still far from

a german interior. And it's hard to beat the drivability of the M3...Press the

'M' mode and you feel the stones inside your steering, it just handles like

crazy...One of the funniest car to drive imo.

Of course that's if i had money for one or the other. I gotta admit that

for 35 000$, the mustang is a hell of a car hehe.

I only had a ride in a 08 GT convertible but it felt so cheap.. Rattles and cheap plastic... it's worst than my 08 si lol.

Someone that wants performance and can't afford more than 40K$ will go with the stang but most of the people who can afford 70K$ for a car will appreciate the better handling, better design and everything that comes with the M badge.

If I had 70K$ to spend on a car, I don't know if I'd buy an M3 or a C63 AMG or the IS-F, even if the M3 is considered the best car among the three.

I cant believe you guys are arguing on these two cars..

Performance aside , these are two completely DIFFERENT cars that appeals to two complete DIFFERENT crowds.

Common sense is that someone looking for performance will run towards the mustang.

Someone having 80k + of budget wont even consider the mustang , and that's just the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back