BMW M3 E92 ou Ford Mustang GT 5.0 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant believe you guys are arguing on these two cars..

Performance aside , these are two completely DIFFERENT cars that appeals to two complete DIFFERENT crowds.

Common sense is that someone looking for performance will run towards the mustang.

Someone having 80k + of budget wont even consider the mustang , and that's just the way it is.

Too much logic in your post. Doesn't work here.

I know one person who went from an NSX to a 911 to a stang. He perfered the stang for the bargain performance. This guy did not care for refinement although.

Personally, having 80k i'd go for the M3.

NSX was probably the worst bang for the buck performance wise (acceleration, not handling or anything else).

NSX 3.2 290h0 6spd en 97 worst bang for the buck ?? lol

En 2005 je suis d accord.... mais pas quand elle est sortie en 1997.

I cant help but feel for the track the mustang will be more fun. To watch and listen to too.

As for the M3 i am sure it is fun as hell but it probably doesn't have the allure on the track like the stang. I would say too refine?

I cant afford neither.. but my fun vote goes to Mustang.

That is a totally true statement.

A customer that has 80k in hands shopping for a brand new sports car will go for the M3 versus buying a Stang '11 and effectively voiding the (may I add shitty) warranty by dumping 40k in mods into it.

If anybody was to do it, there would simply be no logic involved, he would loose 40k on the spot + depreciation on this car.

You will not convince anyone these are truly competitive cars outside of stats. Pricing mainly divides categories, stats do not.

Very true. Mods = immidiate total loss of investment.

The 5.0 is definately the better bang for the buck.

I'm a German car fan, always have been. With that said, nothing compares to a nice E92 M3 slammed on LM-R's with exhaust, intake and headers.

It comes at a price though...

O RLY?

Have you heard the Active Autowerk exhaust on an E92? This is my buddy Anthony's car... trust me, it sounds MUCH better than stock.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N9vxB8a_bY"]YouTube- E92 M3 Active Autowerke x-pipe & Exhaust 2nd gear roll on[/ame]

is it me or it sounds pretty bad compared to a Mustang V8 sound?

You are right it sounds like the shit can exhaust ricers put on their Civics but it's cause of the audio that it most probably sounds like that. I'm sure in real life it sounds better.

You are right it sounds like the shit can exhaust ricers put on their Civics but it's cause of the audio that it most probably sounds like that. I'm sure in real life it sounds better.

It sounds fine but its overly loud for no reason. The stock exhaust doesn't drone on the highway and doesn't attract unwanted attention (Already enough attention driving an M3).

I find M3 revs much to high at highway speeds but you can pass people in 6th gear very easily. According to the computer I'm averaging 11.2l/100 for fuel on the highway which isn't that terrible. Besides the numbers that the mags test for the M3 are either BS or the cars need a trip to the dealer after. After my experience at the drag strip with an M3 it needed a new rear sub frame since the diff ripped right off from it. Ran a 13.1@ 108

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back