Getting a stealth Radar Detector

I could beat that...103!!!

What in a 70 zone. That cop must have been super stupid. Walk into court say I was doing 100 on my speedo, 3% error is well within normal range, how am I suppose to know. Walk out ticket free. Also the ticket is 15$ + fees, they would rather camp for a juicy ticket.

Traffic, from all the idiots speeding and cutting in last minute before exits because they wanna go 0.02548741 seconds faster... ;)

Actually it's all they idiots who ride bumper on bumper. LEAVE SOME SPACE. As long as you keep up with the flow, leaving a car length or two is better than being right up to the next car.

you're wrong. sometimes because I rush I get many lights before they turn red thus saving quite some time.

You may be right if you have a regular 9-5 job and for you the daily commute is just that. You don't care if you get home/to work 10 minutes early or late because you probably - and I'm saying this from your comment of "what's the rush" - don't have anything better to do.

However, I have many things better to do than wasting my time in traffic for no good reason. I use the car to get from point A to point B in the shortest amount of time. It combines utility + pleasure of driving and I hate wasting time.

and by the way, the traffic is caused by all the slow ass mofos who drive 60 in the left lane. Sometimes I cut a whole line of cars and I'm gone before they can even hit the breaks. I don't get in the way and I'm on my merry way without bothering everyone. Imagine if everyone did the same, driving fast and efficiently.

On a 200 km trip, driving 120 vs 100 kmh saves you a WHOPPING 20 minutes and uses ~20% more fuel. Think about how much (read: little) time you are actually saving just driving to work by speeding, and how much more fuel you are using in the city by trying to accelerate quickly, racing from stop to stop.

And as for nothing better to do with my time, I love what I do, and I have a job where I know when I will be at work, but never know when I will get home. I have many better things to do, but when you actually think about how much time you are saving, I still ask, "What's the rush?"

Anything over 3-400kms, when I am driving to a far track for example, I'll drive a little faster when I can actually save significant time behind the wheel. Since long comutes are seldom, I can justify using more fuel under those cercumstances (personally)...

On a 200 km trip, driving 120 vs 100 kmh saves you a WHOPPING 20 minutes and uses ~20% more fuel. Think about how much (read: little) time you are actually saving just driving to work by speeding, and how much more fuel you are using in the city by trying to accelerate quickly, racing from stop to stop.

And as for nothing better to do with my time, I love what I do, and I have a job where I know when I will be at work, but never know when I will get home. I have many better things to do, but when you actually think about how much time you are saving, I still ask, "What's the rush?"

Anything over 3-400kms, when I am driving to a far track for example, I'll drive a little faster when I can actually save significant time behind the wheel. Since long comutes are seldom, I can justify using more fuel under those cercumstances (personally)...

Honestly, I don't know how to convey my thoughts to you. We simply have different lifestyles and mentalities. The driving is just a part of a bigger picture. I'm self employed, my time literally is money. My pace is different than what you go through. If I save 10 minutes going through town, it's definitely worth it.

The lifestyle that you describe is equal to the 'Soma' takers from Huxley's Brave New World. I would definitely recommend the read:

http://www.amazon.com/Brave-New-World-Aldous-Huxley/dp/0060850523/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301803422&sr=1-1

Honestly, I don't know how to convey my thoughts to you. We simply have different lifestyles and mentalities. The driving is just a part of a bigger picture. I'm self employed, my time literally is money. My pace is different than what you go through. If I save 10 minutes going through town, it's definitely worth it.

The lifestyle that you describe is equal to the 'Soma' takers from Huxley's Brave New World. I would definitely recommend the read:

http://www.amazon.com/Brave-New-World-Aldous-Huxley/dp/0060850523/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301803422&sr=1-1

You argument to save time will never hold any weight in my head. Whenever somebody flies by or is zig zagging on the highway driving much faster than me, and I happen to be going to the same area as them, I will almost always either see them parking/in traffic when I get to/near my destination, only seconds/minutes after them.

I am also self employed, however money clearly isn't as important to me as it is to you. Logically, or illogically rather, you are saying you are willing to throw money away by driving faster, in order to go make more money...

PS - I find it difficult to judge somebody's lifestyle simply by their driving habits. I used to speed all the time, 120-140 on the highway, etc. With rising fuel prices and taking corners at 150+ kmh on a track, going fast in a straight line just isn't worth risking the ticket/fuel bill anymore!

...conduire pour moi c'est une passion
j'ai une voiture fiable avec laquelle je peux rouler 130-140 sans probleme
j'ai toujours des bons pneus

...I use the car to get from point A to point B in the shortest amount of time. It combines utility + pleasure of driving and I hate wasting time.

Wow... you're making it seem like going 120 is a real adrenaline rush while 100 is boring and slow.
Face it, you won't get any kicks out of a daily commute on the highway, not in terms of driving anyway. Even if you do 130 or 140, it's still slow, just a little faster than everybody else, that's all.
The real fun is in corners ;)

I agree with s-spec but I personnaly speed NOT to save gas, NOT to save 1-2 min (I perfectly know it doesn't make a difference and I don't speed in traffic anyways) but because I only want to drive at a comfortable and reasonnable speed on a sunday afternoon on a clear sunny day highway.

There is no argument to discuss here, thats just the way I like to drive with my car and I'm not endangering anyone, end of story.

I always had tickets in the past and always will, if thats the cost to drive the way I want to drive, I will gladly pay the ticket and you will never see me complaining about it here.

but if a good radar detector can prevent some tickets it would be awesome hihihi

Wow... you're making it seem like going 120 is a real adrenaline rush while 100 is boring and slow.
Face it, you won't get any kicks out of a daily commute on the highway, not in terms of driving anyway. Even if you do 130 or 140, it's still slow, just a little faster than everybody else, that's all.
The real fun is in corners ;)

Hehe, true. Honestly, when he got me at 120 I was actually slowing down from 140-150. I commute Ottawa-Montreal weekly, sometimes twice per week and if I leave Ottawa by 10, I have to be in Montreal asap. I know it may sound weird but it's not simply a matter of waking up earlier and leaving earlier, it's just my kind of work. I wake up there, work a bit, then rush to Montreal and finish work here. The commute is just a pause in my work-day and I want to shorten it as much as possible.

Yes, 120 is boring and slow too, 140 is more like it and I'm fine with the gas consumption at that speed. I don't understand how going 140 Ottawa-Montreal in a straight line can be such a big deal.

I agree with s-spec but I personnaly speed NOT to save gas, NOT to save 1-2 min (I perfectly know it doesn't make a difference and I don't speed in traffic anyways) but because I only want to drive at a comfortable and reasonnable speed on a sunday afternoon on a clear sunny day highway.

There is no argument to discuss here, thats just the way I like to drive with my car and I'm not endangering anyone, end of story.

I always had tickets in the past and always will, if thats the cost to drive the way I want to drive, I will gladly pay the ticket and you will never see me complaining about it here.
but if a good radar detector can prevent some tickets it would be awesome hihihi

Fully agree with you. I think we have to make a distinction between taking a nice leisurely stroll where time doesn't matter and a commute where time does matter. When I go for a ride from Lasalle to St-Anne-de-Bellevue on that road near the river I don't go more than 30-40 and I enjoy the day.

Actually it sounds like an ideal thing to do today so off I go. Cheers guys!

Hehe, true. Honestly, when he got me at 120 I was actually slowing down from 140-150. I commute Ottawa-Montreal weekly, sometimes twice per week and if I leave Ottawa by 10, I have to be in Montreal asap. I know it may sound weird but it's not simply a matter of waking up earlier and leaving earlier, it's just my kind of work. I wake up there, work a bit, then rush to Montreal and finish work here. The commute is just a pause in my work-day and I want to shorten it as much as possible.

Yes, 120 is boring and slow too, 140 is more like it and I'm fine with the gas consumption at that speed. I don't understand how going 140 Ottawa-Montreal in a straight line can be such a big deal.

Fully agree with you. I think we have to make a distinction between taking a nice leisurely stroll where time doesn't matter and a commute where time does matter. When I go for a ride from Lasalle to St-Anne-de-Bellevue on that road near the river I don't go more than 30-40 and I enjoy the day.

Actually it sounds like an ideal thing to do today so off I go. Cheers guys!

Hate to burst your bubble, but between 120 and 140 on a 200 km trip, you are saving even less (only 15 minutes) than between 120 and 100, but you are using a whole lot more fuel.

I don't see how 140 is any different than 80 when going in a straight, long, line, in terms of being "boring and slow"...

ecoute mon grand, il faut respecter les limites de vitesse. La loi est la pour une raison. Faut que le monde roule en securite et des heros comme toi en G35, faut les donner des gros tickets pour que vous apprenez que 120 c'est dangereux, c'est pas du Playstation la.

T'es un danger public, on le sais tous.

j'ai un détecteur et il détecte les détecteur de détecteur de radar et en même temps il coupe ca réception pour pas se faire pogner mais je doute que la police ici se serve de détecteur de détecteur de radar en tou les cas moi je me suis jamais fait prendre et ca fait plus de 10 ans que j'ai des détecteurs de radar et pas des modèle a 1000$ des normaux a 200-300$

j'ai un détecteur et il détecte les détecteur de détecteur de radar et en même temps il coupe ca réception pour pas se faire pogner mais je doute que la police ici se serve de détecteur de détecteur de radar en tou les cas moi je me suis jamais fait prendre et ca fait plus de 10 ans que j'ai des détecteurs de radar et pas des modèle a 1000$ des normaux a 200-300$

I am debating whether frenk or you have the highest credibility here.

Good luck detecting RDD's.

I am debating whether frenk or you have the highest credibility here.

Good luck detecting RDD's.

c'est quoi le problème ? j'ai juste dit que mon dernier detecteur détecte certain détecteur de police probablement pas les dernier technologie mais je doute que la police s'en servent mais c'est possible, je suis pas un troll reste donc polis

Hate to burst your bubble, but between 120 and 140 on a 200 km trip, you are saving even less (only 15 minutes) than between 120 and 100, but you are using a whole lot more fuel.

I don't see how 140 is any different than 80 when going in a straight, long, line, in terms of being "boring and slow"...

Mathematically you are right. Overall, over 200km going 140km/h vs 100km/h I save 35 minutes so it's a huge improvement over the speed limit.

For your other comment, all that I can say is that at 80/100/120 I don't feel anything in my car. I literally feel that I'm going 60. At 140 and up I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm going fast(er) and I don't run the risk of falling asleep at the wheel. Maybe I should get some more noisy tires :)

Also for the gas comments... I usually fill up in Ottawa/Gatineau and gas is sometimes 10c cheaper than in MTL. I feel it makes up for the difference in speed/gas consumption.

ecoute mon grand, il faut respecter les limites de vitesse. La loi est la pour une raison. Faut que le monde roule en securite et des heros comme toi en G35, faut les donner des gros tickets pour que vous apprenez que 120 c'est dangereux, c'est pas du Playstation la.

T'es un danger public, on le sais tous.

lol. guilty as charged. take me to prison!

Back